TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

US Market Situation and Outlook (Rob Stark's American Megathread)

Discussion in 'TSLA Investor Discussions' started by Benz, Feb 4, 2015.

Tags:
  1. mikevbf

mikevbf Active Member

I tell you there is no demand, see

• Funny x 3
  2. RobStark

RobStark Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

• Love x 1
  3. RobStark

• Like x 2
  4. RobStark

[​IMG]

• Love x 1
  5. NannerAirCraft

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  6. neroden

neroden Model S Owner and Frustrated Tesla Fan

My modeling was a new steady state of 80k/year S+X globally; I think this works. Half of S/X sales appear to be US. The S/X split is now tilted substantially towards the X. One of my models is showing 88k/year S+X, though. We probably won't get back to 100k/year because of the S decline; that's OK.

• Helpful x 1
  7. RobStark

• Like x 2
    • Helpful x 1
  8. RobStark

Canada's Tesla numbers used to be a rounding error but now they becoming significant. Canada's numbers don't belong in the European thread and they get lost in the general thread so I will start posting them here.

[​IMG]

upload_2019-7-16_23-20-57.png

upload_2019-7-16_23-22-5.png

As for the ugly duckling of the Tesla range, the Model X, it continues far from the class best sellers (for reference, the BMW X5 has 3.391 registrations this year, three times as much as the Tesla), but nevertheless, it has seen its sales grow 17% YoY, so Tesla's Sports-CUV is on the right path.

EV Sales: Canada June 2019

• Informative x 2
    • Like x 1
  9. 9837264723849

9837264723849 Member

I'm really surprised Tesla sold so few S compared to Mercedes E/Cs and BMW 5s. I understand some S potential customers were waiting for a refresh or want for a 3, but I didn't expect some many people choosing the BMW / Mercedes now that Tesla is popular across the US

Any explanation?

10. RobStark

In price Tesla Model S competes with 6/7 Series and CLS/S Class. Model S now starts at $80k in the US.

Most of these cars are purchased by people over 55 and many won't consider a BEV.

For many people in this car class, this price means luxury and luxury means leather seats. Not polyurethane seats. Expect a further drip once Porsche Taycan is released. If Tesla refuses to use leather again they should look at other natural premium materials. Belgian linen?

Sales could expand in areas where Tesla is prohibited from opening a store once that legal hurdle is overcomed or where Tesla brand awareness is low but increases due to Model 3/Y.

• Helpful x 1