Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

US Order December 16th

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was expecting to be sometime in 2023, I placed an order for MYLR with white seats and 20” wheels at the time it has timeline of Dec-March 2023 on December 16th. It show today to expect deliver date would be December 27-30th. I switched again today to MYP to see if it changes the date. Did anybody order MYLR or MYP within the last few weeks and get it less than 2-3 weeks? Im super surprised the demands is finally caught up in US or ton of folks cancelled their order and start to place a new order in 2023 or late in December.

I guess if the date does not change, loosing $250 is better than a few $k in rebate.

I was expecting to be sometime in 2023, I placed an order for MYLR with white seats and 20” wheels at the time it has timeline of Dec-March 2023 on December 16th. It show today to expect deliver date would be December 27-30th. I switched again today to MYP to see if it changes the date. Did anybody order MYLR or MYP within the last few weeks and get it less than 2-3 weeks? Im super surprised the demands is finally caught up in US or ton of folks cancelled their order and start to place a new order in 2023 or late in December.

I guess if the date does not change, loosing $250 is better than a few $k in rebate.
See:

Sweet timing is January through February for a known eligibility.

After that, the critical minerals may affect the credit.

Reactions: voxel

You are lucky. I am waiting for my vin to be assigned so I can take delivery in December. I doubt that Tesla will qualify for the full $7500.

See:

Sweet timing is January through February for a known eligibility.

After that, the critical minerals may affect the credit.
Thank you. This is interesting. How about which cars have $55k limit vs $80k?

They really messed this up big time with super vague requirements. Almost all of them are left to interpretation.

Thank you. This is interesting. How about which cars have $55k limit vs $80k?

They really messed this up big time with super vague requirements. Almost all of them are left to interpretation.
Sedan price cap will be $55,000.
80k for SUV.

My understanding is until the new March critical minerals and battery components, the temporary requirements from January until that time are:

1) No more 200,000 sold EV cap.
2) Price caps
3) income caps
4) final assembly in the US.

That means we will get full $7,500 credits for a Tesla as long as within price and income caps.

Reactions: acpd and voxel
80k for SUV.

My understanding is until the new March critical minerals and battery components, the temporary requirements from January until that time are:

2) Price caps
3) income caps

That means we will get full $7,500 credits for a Tesla as long as within price and income caps.
you have ton wait a whole year to get that money back. you dont mind that?

FWIW I placed the order on December 10th, got VIN assigned right away, took delivery on December 14th, missed the 10K free supercharger miles by a few hours. Now I needed the car and could not deal with the whole uncertainty of what will Tesla qualify for etc. My car was delivered exactly 15 days from its birthday, out of this it was sitting at Tesla service center for at least 4 to 5 days.

I think Tesla anticipated these moves etc and staged a large number of car production to be delivered in December and that is why we are getting the cars so quickly, also they have sweetened the deal i.e. $3750 credit, 10K free supercharger miles, some folks have said they have got free color upgrades and/or wheel upgrades (Not sure how accurate that is). All in all these are good moves from a shareholder perspective

Reactions: OhioBobcat
80k for SUV.

2) Price caps
3) income caps

Thanks. Although how do we know if MY will qualify as SUV?

That is why its a mess. We don't know and we won't know until who knows when..

Thanks. Although how do we know if MY will qualify as SUV?

That is why its a mess. We don't know and we won't know until who knows when..
There is no question that Model X is an SUV after the release of the sedan Model S.

There is no question that Model Y is an SUV after the release of the sedan Model 3.

Tesla sedans are forbidden to drive off road or towing while the opposite is true for Tesla SUVs.

But you are right that to be sure, we need to see the official listing from the government.

It's a mess to accommodate the fossil fuel industry to make the incentive as complex as possible (the original bill was quite simple but had to be complex at the last minute to get enough passing votes).

Single and earns more than $150K the U are not qualified
MY 5-seater ? U are not qualified for Gov. credit. So take any credits that Tesla offers, if any
MY 7-seater ? U are qualified for $7500 max Gov credit... But when , it's clear as mud at present
The new rebates are similar to the old for 2023 in that they are tax credits that you will claim on your 2023 taxes and will offset taxes you owe (nonrefundable). For 2024, the credits can supposedly be transfered to the dealer so you could an immediate rebate on the purchase price.