Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

US Resident Making Deposit in Montreal

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I live in far northern upstate NY, only about 20 minutes from the border. The Montreal store is by far the closest to me, so I'm considering driving these to make a Model 3 reservation on the 31st before the online reservations open up. I set the store an email asking if making a US reservation from a Canadian store would be an issue, but I haven't heard back yet. Has anyone heard of US citizens and residents doing business at Canadian stores in the past?

I live in far northern upstate NY, only about 20 minutes from the border. The Montreal store is by far the closest to me, so I'm considering driving these to make a Model 3 reservation on the 31st before the online reservations open up. I set the store an email asking if making a US reservation from a Canadian store would be an issue, but I haven't heard back yet. Has anyone heard of US citizens and residents doing business at Canadian stores in the past?

Since the actual order will be made online, I am pretty sure this would works fine.

Last edited:
Ultimately its the address you provide and the email , the reservation once made is Non-transferable, deposit is refundable though. It will be interesting to see if your deposit will be in US dollars or Canadian dollars ,with the exchange rate that is current now. GOOD LUCK.

• Disagree
Reactions: HookBill