Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

US-Spec Tesla in Sicily

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    354.8 KB · Views: 50
You are welcome. It was about 4500 euro (maps lte lights: blinkers and fog, and charge port incl ccs support). As an interesting fact after the conversion the bottom front light are no longer location lights and will only turn on on reverse. I know it sounds crazy but this is EU, Tesla checked another S for EU, same thing.
I still love my car and those 750+ hp, however it showed its age. Had to change brakes some suspension parts, wheel bearings and oil the motors and reseal. Now is noiseless again and drives like new. Hard to say if I’d go through the same madness all over again, although the knowledge and contacts I gained are priceless. Part of me still thinks it would have been better to sell it and buy a new Y or a 3. Not a S but still a new car, although w/o free SC. You will need to replace the charging port for EU.
Lastly don’t underestimate the fact that after the conversion Tesla won’t service the parts related to that. Not critical but a pain, depending where in EU you will land.
Couldn’t find this info before coming here so I promised myself to give back to the community.
Cheers!
Hello Omega,

Im looking into moving to the Netherlands and importing my 2017 Model S. The import company of course warned me not to import, but a few people have successfully done it, including you. Im almost out of warranty anyway, so I dont mind that. Where did you have your car converted? I wonder if I can do some of these conversions myself, I wrench on all my other cars, so lights and LTE modem should be easy. Charge port maybe harder. What I dont have is software access to enable euro maps, rear foglight etc.

Mark

Hello Omega,

Im looking into moving to the Netherlands and importing my 2017 Model S. The import company of course warned me not to import, but a few people have successfully done it, including you. Im almost out of warranty anyway, so I dont mind that. Where did you have your car converted? I wonder if I can do some of these conversions myself, I wrench on all my other cars, so lights and LTE modem should be easy. Charge port maybe harder. What I dont have is software access to enable euro maps, rear foglight etc.

Mark
Hi Mark,

PM me your phone/tome zone and will call you.

Best!