Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

US spec Tesla Model S 2013 upgrades for use in UAE.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi!

I purchased Tesla Model S 2013 US spec in UAE for a very reasonable price having in mind all pros and cons.

I still to investigate my options to enable the follow features:
1) Navigation. I see notification saying that navigation data is not loaded.
2) eMMC recall message in car. Local Tesla refused to upgrade. So, can I upgrade to MCU V2/3 or replace eMMC (I believe it is SSD or flash) and keeping MCU v1
3) Premium connectivity is onboard but not working. SIM card needs to be replaced.
4) Car has free unlimited supercharger package, but onboard plug connector is not compatible. Here is UAE we use combo CCS connector.

Your advice is very much appreciated

Attachments

• 2B8E5823-810F-46CA-97F3-A3937E37651D.png
    2B8E5823-810F-46CA-97F3-A3937E37651D.png
    116.9 KB · Views: 144
  • 01301BD1-B937-4CB5-8A88-7DF5969B74B5.jpeg
    01301BD1-B937-4CB5-8A88-7DF5969B74B5.jpeg
    368.2 KB · Views: 87
I found answer to Question 2 - restore functionality of MCU 1

Upvote 0
Hi!

I purchased Tesla Model S 2013 US spec in UAE for a very reasonable price having in mind all pros and cons.

I still to investigate my options to enable the follow features:
1) Navigation. I see notification saying that navigation data is not loaded.
2) eMMC recall message in car. Local Tesla refused to upgrade. So, can I upgrade to MCU V2/3 or replace eMMC (I believe it is SSD or flash) and keeping MCU v1
3) Premium connectivity is onboard but not working. SIM card needs to be replaced.
4) Car has free unlimited supercharger package, but onboard plug connector is not compatible. Here is UAE we use combo CCS connector.

Your advice is very much appreciated
PM with your contacts details. I m in the UAE as well and will give you the right contact to help you

Upvote 0
PM with your contacts details. I m in the UAE as well and will give you the right contact to help you

[email protected]

i need a garage to change my cars map and system from chinese to uae version please get back to me as soon as possible.

i dont know how to PM you on this website, but if you can message me or email me, ill share my whatsapp and phone number with you aswell.

Upvote 0