Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

US Target Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My wife thought free superchargering was a great deal untill they installed the one at Target near our home. Now every session costs me at least a Benjie!

That doesn’t sound right.

In my limited experience I’ve seen an amount for each session on my screen but am never charged. Instead it just goes against my free miles. In my case I don’t have unlimited free supercharging but got 1000 miles with the car and have earned more. So in my case my free mileage goes down but it records the amount it would “would” have cost me.

I haven’t used a supercharger at Target but have at other retailers and have never had extra fees applied.

• Funny
Reactions: kayak1 and rsg123

In my limited experience I’ve seen an amount for each session on my screen but am never charged. Instead it just goes against my free miles. In my case I don’t have unlimited free supercharging but got 1000 miles with the car and have earned more. So in my case my free mileage goes down but it records the amount it would “would” have cost me.

I haven’t used a supercharger at Target but have at other retailers and have never had extra fees applied.
1775S means that they may be getting free supercharging but now his wife is spending more money shopping inside Target. :)

Del Amo mall supercharger is being built right now.

That’s great the merrier. And yes I understand Torrance area is often referred to as “South Bay”.

Another look at my posted map. Del Amo is also barely inside the circle and again is yet one more charger in the of SuperChargers Torrence, Redondo, El Segundo.

There is more the most part a giant 20 mile hole, or maybe 18 or so? With not one supercharger. A huge section of the 405, not to mention 605, 710, 22 with not one supercharger. The average home is likely around $1M with many topping $10M or $20M.

If you look at the circle they basically great larger cluster around the edges of the circle but nothing in the middle. And instead of putting five within 10 min of each other spread them out.

Downey for example. Why does it have two down the road from each other. It’s not a we’ll to do area, it’s not next to expensive shopping, and it’s not next to major freeways.

As were talking about Targets there are two in Long Beach alone right off the 405 with some of the easiest of and off access you can imagine.

Anyway. Enough ranting.

Here's a perfect example of what I'm talking about. Look at the 5 different supercharger locations in and around Hawthorne, Manhattan Beach, El Segundo. Heck look at the TWO in DOWNEY, TWO in BUENA PARK.

The one listed in Long Beach has been promised for years, is no where near a freeway, and has no permits pulled. Same with the Lakewood one. The Cerritos ones however is nearly completion but it's on the edge of the circle..

For whatever reason Tesla ignores the 20+ mile diameter inside the circle. Look at all the intersection freeways. 110, 710, 405, 605, 22. Close to Route 19 where it hits 405 is Bellflower where there is a Target off the freeway. There is also another Target off Atlantic and 405 again right off 405.

Why does Tesla give no love inside the South Bay, Los Angeles area. Stones throw to rich areas like Rolling Hills, Huntington Beach, Costa Mesa, Newport.

View attachment 582912

Just guessing about HB and Costa Mesa...they are not stand alone stores. The San Clemente location is and I’m thinking in the other locations they might not have complete control of the parking lot. ???

Sorry, if this is not the right place to post,

Noticed that Target is getting a lot of Superchargers lately.

Here is a list from 42 Target Stores May Host Tesla Supercharger Stations

for people to be on the look out for new superchargers I recognized a few California cities

• Emeryville CA already found

Unless there is new construction at the Emeryville Target, I wouldn't call this already found. There are already 2 superchargers in Emeryville, one complete and one under construction. Neither are at the Target though. It is a little crazy to think that there might be a third supercharger coming to Emeryville, but that must be true or this plan was scrapped.

Hopefully the first person to arrive at a full supercharger starts a “line” if possible. Otherwise people randomly park near it and pull into spots as they free up in the order they arrived. It can become a stressful situation.

It would possibly be a good idea if it was all one lane and one direction where you can see if all the spots are full you just stay at the entrance and when some leaves in front of you you proceed into that spot. Kind of like a drive though, expect you pull in and out of angled charging spots off the single lane drive through. No one can, or needs to get around you. You don't need to circle in loops. No people coming in from opposite directions. No arguing about who was first, or gets what spot.

Last edited:
It would possibly be a good idea if it was all one lane and one direction where you can see if all the spots are full you just stay at the entrance and when some leaves in front of you you proceed into that spot. Kind of like a drive though, expect you pull in and out of angled charging spots off the single lane drive through. No one can, or needs to get around you. You don't need to circle in loops. No arguing about who was first, or gets what spot.

Yes, that’s the ideal line situation. Some superchargers are not in great locations to be able to do this. For example, there’s a supercharger in a mall parking lot in Folsom CA where the mall security will force you to move if you’re not in a parking spot, so even if you form a line so that you’re not blocking the flow of traffic, you can’t stay there.

I wouldn’t disagree but many of the other superchargers (around here) are in similar or more affluent areas so I don’t think it’s about but superchargers in areas that are less affluent.

By that logic San Francisco, Santa Monica, Westwood, and Beverly Hills would be full of them but quite the opposite: they’re supercharger deserts especially relative to population and Tesla ownership. I’m sure other factors are at play.

BAM BAM BAM!!! BOOYAH!! The photos should speak for themselves. REEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

@mociaf9 @Chuq @Lanny

View attachment 581883

View attachment 581882 View attachment 581881

It says this authorization is only good until the end of 2020, so I wonder if a new list will eventually surface?
There are also a number of sites listed where a permit has yet to be found. Maybe it would be a good idea to run through the list (for those who are good at finding permits :)) and see if any were submitted recently to get in under the wire.