Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

US Tesla charge port retrofit to CCS2?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
CCS2 high voltage inlet is a all-in-one piece non-serviceable part plus the charge port faceplate 16, they are regional. While I don't think it is too hard to convert TPC to CCS2 there are several parts I need to source.

Screen Shot 2022-07-11 at 9.52.15 AM.png

Hi guys, I have imported a M3 to Brazil but the public chargers around here are using CCS2, Type2 and CHAdeMO standards.
I was wondering if it's possible to import the CCS2 port from Europe and retrofit it into my Model 3.

Any ideas?
Any progress on this?

If no, there is a solution. If your car before Sep 2020 you have to buy adapter from Tesla US port to CCS 2 and retrofit module plus do the redeployment.
Part number: 1092755-82-b
Adapter

If your car after Sep 2020 you just need an adapter.

I have the same issue in Malaysia with an imported M3 from Japan also using TPC/NACS while local standard is CCS2. I have adapters but they didn’t work on superchargers. Would be keen to know if anyone have successfully retrofitted?

Adapters won't work because the car probably doesn't have the CCS chip to do CCS charging as the earlier model 3's don't have it. You can try to follow this (Retrofit CCS compatibility onto earlier (NA) Model 3 - DIY approach).

However the guide above was for NA cars and it is unknown whether the guide would work on JPN cars (especially since they don't use CCS there, so I wonder if they ever got the updated ECU, though they might have for streamlining purposes). Plus you would need to somehow order the parts and you're outside the region of your car.

I wonder now that Tesla has launch in Malaysia, I wonder if you can get the local equivalent of the ECU if that's easier, and then install that per the instructions or however others were able to do it (I know others have been able to load the Euro ECU onto an NA car, how that did that I do not know).

Even if you were able to swap the port at most you'll probably only get single phase AC charging, though DC charging should work.

Last edited: