Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Us to CAD vs Canadian Tesla vehicle prices

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
CAD still very much influenced by oil, oil prices have exploded since November, almost double where they were in November. Prices likely haven't changed since the impacts aren't being felt yet in our economy - we need to see if this is a long term trend or just pent up demand.

Reactions: cdswm3
Even with oil prices, the pricing in Canada compared to the US is ridiculous. You would think they’d at least do the 1k price drop in Canada like they did in the US, if not more
Loonie is now worth 4/5 of US buck. SR+ should have it's price changed to < $49,999 (Price is with transport). If I had an order in I certainly would wait for an official price adjustment before even considering taking delivery. Canadian dollar is trending up in value vs. US dollar.

• Funny
CAD just hit a 3 year high against the USD. That Forex adjustment could happen any time now...
I suspect they will keep it high until Texas opens and increases supply. Why lower it now as long as they sell as many as they can make?
Tesla has adjusted prices in other continents and the Model 3 LR and Performance still sourced from Fremont which is same source as Canada.

• Disagree
Hmm. I might be losing my mind (and it *has* been a long pandemic), but it seems when loading the Model 3 design page for a brief second the price $51,600 appears on the SR+, but quickly switches to the usual $52,990. At first I thought I was seeing things (it's literally for about .5 seconds), but I've gotten it to do that several times now. It only occurs the first time in a browser session (on Safari, anyway).

Wondering if this could be an indicator of an upcoming price change? Could be just some scripting issue or something, I suppose.

Hmm. I might be losing my mind (and it *has* been a long pandemic), but it seems when loading the Model 3 design page for a brief second the price $51,600 appears on the SR+, but quickly switches to the usual $52,990. At first I thought I was seeing things (it's literally for about .5 seconds), but I've gotten it to do that several times now. It only occurs the first time in a browser session (on Safari, anyway).

Wondering if this could be an indicator of an upcoming price change? Could be just some scripting issue or something, I suppose.
$51,600 without transport and other fees. You see the same price if you go to Tesla Inventory ( Google it)