TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

USA Model S with British Accent in NAV

Discussion in 'Model S' started by woof, Oct 24, 2015.

Tags:
  1. woof

woof Model X 75D Blue. Model 3 LR Red.

We've loaner P85+ today, registered in Mass. with real MA plates (not the California manufacture ones). The NAV voice is a very proper sounding British lady who says "roundabout" instead of "traffic circle", "Take the entrance to THE I-95" and other Britishisms. I like her! Wonder if there's a way to enable that on my wife's car.

2. Barry

Barry Active Member

My car says roundabout, not traffic circle, and speaks American.
    Does it say jug handle in NJ?

3. Cyclone

Cyclone Cyclonic Member ((.oO))

I have had my Nav muted since mile 10 of ownership so I could listen to directions by Waze instead. So I couldn't tell you anything about my car's Nav voice. :p

4. msnow

msnow Active Member

My nav lady laughs when she says "Los Angeles". In between the "Los" and "Angeles" is a distinct giggle. Strange.

5. 1208

1208 Active Member

Turn left at the Aluminium refinery.:smile: