Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

USA S/W 42.2 19e7e44 but no NoA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Understood, but people thought there was going to be any difference, and now we pretty much have evidence that it does. So people with the missing Nav on AP feature have another possible reason.
  • Maps not up to date
  • Car configured for AP instead of EAP. (Either correctly as an early HW2 owner or as a mistake.)
Are those the only two reasons we know of? (Camera calibration doesn't prevent the option from showing up in the settings does it?)
I called the customer support line. They verified my issue is that my maps are not up to date. I have a service appointment coming up so they'll push the maps update then hopefully.

So how can we request that?
I suppose it varies by SC, but I find mine is very responsive to emails. You could try calling, but many people report waiting on hold for up to an hour. I suspect my issue is going to be the rarer of the two problems, since there just aren't that many AP2 cars that were optioned with the original $2,500 Autopilot. You could also try the support link on your vehicle page, since that's been forwarded to my local SC when I've used it in the past.

So how can we request that?
On the phone with support, they said they would open up a ticket to have the local service center work with me to fix it - either via a remote trigger to download the maps, or by having mobile service come out to update the maps. Given I've not had the maps download automatically over WiFi since a spring'ish 2018 map update I know I saw a pop-up confirmation about on the screen, it seems likely something is wedged in the car blocking map downloads. I'm still waiting for the local SC to get in touch we me with an update to to arrange a service visit.

• Informative
Reactions: bollar
Understood, but people thought there was going to be any difference, and now we pretty much have evidence that it does. So people with the missing Nav on AP feature have another possible reason.
  • Maps not up to date
  • Car configured for AP instead of EAP. (Either correctly as an early HW2 owner or as a mistake.)
Are those the only two reasons we know of? (Camera calibration doesn't prevent the option from showing up in the settings does it?)
So i called tech support again and he is telling me my car configured only for AP not EAP, which i paid. He will update may take up to 10days.

MX build date Sep, 2017 bought on 9/30. AP2.5[/QUOTE
You all need to call if you believe you should have NoA. Tesla wont fix each individual.
Yeah, I don't see how that would end up with the wrong AP/EAP option code...
they just messed up. I didnt even know there is only for AP option. If you dont call them, they will never fix for you until next appoinment.

Or maybe even the option list?
Can you share any details on your car? S/X? Build date? Purchase date? (Just trying to see if we can find a common thread on how cars got setup wrong.)
(How to find it is here: Tesla Model S Options Decoder or EV-CPO.com - Tesla New, Used, and CPO Inventory Listings )

In my case which is not working (waiting on new maps? in a day or so) my options are (X 100D):

AD15,AF02,AH00,APF2,APH2,APPB,AU00,BC0B,BP00,BR00,BS00,BTX6,CC02,CDM0,CH04,COUS,CW02,DRLH,DSH7,DU00,DV4W,FG02,FR01,GLFR,HC00,HP00,IDBO,INWPT,IX01,LP01,LT3T,MDLX,ME02,MI02,PF00,PI01,PK00,PMNG,QLPT,RCX0,RENA,RFPX,S02T,SC05,SP00,SR04,ST02,SU01,TIC4,TM00,TP03,TR01,TRA1,TW00,UM01,USST,UTAW,WT20,X001,X003,X007,X011,X014,X021,X025,X026,X028,X031,X037,X040,X042,YFFC

Those options can be pasted in this box for a breakdown: Tesla Model S Options Decoder

I just got back home tonight and the option is now showing on the autopilot settings. I've been monitoring the wifi and I know that car hasn't downloaded any meaningful stuff from the internet. My wife experience a "blip" on the maps while she was driving the car earlier today, maybe the maps were there but there was some problem installing them?

• Informative
Reactions: scottf200
I just got back home tonight and the option is now showing on the autopilot settings. I've been monitoring the wifi and I know that car hasn't downloaded any meaningful stuff from the internet. My wife experience a "blip" on the maps while she was driving the car earlier today, maybe the maps were there but there was some problem installing them?
Interesting -- blind spot warning is not working this morning. Perhaps the car is in a calibrating cameras state or something else has been pushed to it.

You would think that all their vehicles update history is in an accessable database and query for people that have 42.2 but old maps ... then update the maps. Or update the maps before installing 42.2 to avoid confusion!
When I called them they looked up my car and said that on Oct. 11 I download the "older" maps (I ask why i download > 6gb last month). He said that you need to have 2018.40 to get the new maps. These answer seem a little strange to me but that is what they said. So, if some here went from before .40 to .42 and they have NoA then that would of course be wrong. Unless they download right after before testing which seems very strange.