Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Usable space under center armrest?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

In every car that I've ever owned, the armrest between the front seats had usable storage space.

In the model x, the armrests slide forward/back to reveal cup holders, but don't lift up to reveal storage.

So, my question is, what's under there? It seems like a lot of volume that could be used for storage.

Is it already being used for hiding a computer or something else? Or is it just empty space?

• Funny
Reactions: idealsol
Hi all,

In every car that I've ever owned, the armrest between the front seats had usable storage space.

In the model x, the armrests slide forward/back to reveal cup holders, but don't lift up to reveal storage.

So, my question is, what's under there? It seems like a lot of volume that could be used for storage.

Is it already being used for hiding a computer or something else? Or is it just empty space?

It hides a computer.

Reactions: DaddyP713
More on topic, I'm surprised this hasn't been one of the EVannex 'replacement' items, to have one with 'more' storage. I think they have one for the cars with no console, but not for the X or refreshed S?

I have tons of little things in the center console of my BMW 328 that I will have to move to either a bin drawer or the glove compartment. Change for parking, small first aid items, antacid, etc. etc. It's like the designers never drove a modern car... :). (Yes, I know, discussed a hundred times; doesn't make it any better, especially when the center console was a recent add-on to the S!)

More on topic, I'm surprised this hasn't been one of the EVannex 'replacement' items, to have one with 'more' storage. I think they have one for the cars with no console, but not for the X or refreshed S?

I have tons of little things in the center console of my BMW 328 that I will have to move to either a bin drawer or the glove compartment. Change for parking, small first aid items, antacid, etc. etc. It's like the designers never drove a modern car... :). (Yes, I know, discussed a hundred times; doesn't make it any better, especially when the center console was a recent add-on to the S!)
Couldn't you remove the cupholders pieces and put in some dividers in there?

Get a drawer for your Cubby Slot, EV Everything sells one as well as RPM Tesla, the nicest I have seen that looks OEM. Solves the storage issue.

Thanks Jimmy, Ours drawer is very functional, and I honestly use mine everyday. When you open it it stops when you pull it open, and when you close it locks closed. We now have different front finished to match your car interior. Piano Black, Satin Black, Carbon Fiber Wrapped, and now we are doing REAL Leather in black or tan, and alcantara to match your dashboard ! Thanks for the mention, and all TMC Members get 15% off and FREE Shipping in the USA. Dashboard Drawers start at $149. www.rpmtesla.com. Just text us for the discount code.

Attachments

• IMG_3762.jpg
    IMG_3762.jpg
    333.3 KB · Views: 354
  • Love
Reactions: Jimmy 1
Thanks Jimmy, Ours drawer is very functional, and I honestly use mine everyday. When you open it it stops when you pull it open, and when you close it locks closed. We now have different front finished to match your car interior. Piano Black, Satin Black, Carbon Fiber Wrapped, and now we are doing REAL Leather in black or tan, and alcantara to match your dashboard ! Thanks for the mention, and all TMC Members get 15% off and FREE Shipping in the USA. Dashboard Drawers start at $149. www.rpmtesla.com. Just text us for the discount code.
Thanks, looks good, and I'll check it out!

Reactions: Jimmy 1
Couldn't you remove the cupholders pieces and put in some dividers in there?
Somehow missed this post, sorry! Might be the best idea of all. If you use the 'cup holders' in the armrest for drinks, then, yes, the 'forward console' is a great option. I've got an X for an overnight demo right now, and I'll take a look at that and see how much space there is.

Somehow missed this post, sorry! Might be the best idea of all. If you use the 'cup holders' in the armrest for drinks, then, yes, the 'forward console' is a great option. I've got an X for an overnight demo right now, and I'll take a look at that and see how much space there is.
In fact, you could use the slots the drink holders fit into to put in the dividers. There's quiet a lot of space forward of the opening though, so that area might be better suited to some long things that you can grab from forward in the opening and pull out.