Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

USB Audio Interface

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Guys,
I have my music collection on my USB memory stick (roughly 100,000 tracks) and within the screen's audio interface there does not seem to be a way to type the name of songs or artists into a search field to find what you are looking for on the USB.

For example, I have "Bonobo" in my collection and when I tried to search for it from the main media screen (search any music) it displays all sorts of results from the internet and stations but nothing from the USB memory stick.

Within the USB screen you can scroll the whole screen and it will move up or down line by line, also, there is the alphabet on the right hand side, and as you drag your finger down it I guess the selection is supposed to go to the first artist in alphbetical order, however in my case scrolling to "B" took me to "Brooklyn Bronx & Queens", yet I have many artist above this starting with "B" like "Beck" or "Bad Company" which it should have displayed first.

So ultimately, I have to scroll line by line back up the screen to find "Bonobo"

This is much more of a pain with the "A" artists as there are hundreds.

Apologies in advance if i'm doing something wrong somewhere guys and advice is appreciated.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    443.3 KB · Views: 91
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    472.2 KB · Views: 65
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    450.7 KB · Views: 64
Welcome to the world of the complete crap Tesla USB music player. We've been waiting for ages for it to be fixed, but there's no percentage in that when they can charge you for premium bandwidth to stream music instead.

You could always go the route of just using an external music player and plugging it into the aux port, except... Oh yeah...