Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

USB-C Cable available for dock

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It fits, only difference is the USB-A plug isn't a right angle.

Attachments

• 20170813_140846.jpg
    20170813_140846.jpg
    444 KB · Views: 812
The tesla store has Model 3 accessories available, and I noticed there's a USB-C cable available so I ordered it. Just received it today, and it looks like it will work with the existing docks in the Model X and S.

It was $14, but worth it for saving the effort of shaving down a regular right angle USB C cord.

Thanks for the info as I just ordered mine form Tesla to fit my original Center Console.

https://shop.tesla.com/us/en/produc...-3-phone-charging-cable.html?sku=1116143-00-A

Has anyone bought the new kit from Tesla with the USB-c cable included? Curious as to whether the USB-A side is straight (same cable they sell for the model 3) or if it's 90 degrees on both ends. Thanks!

Has anyone bought the new kit from Tesla with the USB-c cable included? Curious as to whether the USB-A side is straight (same cable they sell for the model 3) or if it's 90 degrees on both ends. Thanks!

Replying to my own post to share the answer. I bought the usb-c kit from tesla and the usb-c cable is right angle at both ends. Fits better than the cable for the model 3, IMHO. Not a fan of the tesla side/guide rails, but the ones from Skyline Products work great and I don't need to remove my phone from its case