Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

USB-C Center Console Ports

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My comment that you are quoting has to do with someone above thinking that Tesla will yank the USB all together.
The mention of the USB-C ports was removed from one place, but not the other.
AABE3397-2ADD-4E32-8358-D80938C70ED1.png 38C68F31-D037-4735-B3E6-B917076E88C0.png
So there probably is no intent to nix the (neutered) USB-C ports. My bad for not checking the whole site.

Reactions: Randy-12
Has anyone been able to make this upgrade happen with the entire wiring harness missing from the ECU to the lower center console? Looking to get my late august MY upgraded with data. If not, does anyone know what connector is used on the ECU data connection port? I will make my own harness if it hasn't been done yet.

Has anyone been able to make this upgrade happen with the entire wiring harness missing from the ECU to the lower center console? Looking to get my late august MY upgraded with data. If not, does anyone know what connector is used on the ECU data connection port? I will make my own harness if it hasn't been done yet.
I ordered the Tparts data module on Aliexpress and it came with a USB cable that was long enough to go from ECU to data module. There is a video on youtube on how to route the longer cable.

The Tparts data module though sometimes does not recognize my usb drive, especially after I turn the car off and come back I sometimes have to insert my USB drive a few times for the data module to recognize my drive. Does anyone else with Tparts data module have the same issue?

I ordered the Tparts data module on Aliexpress and it came with a USB cable that was long enough to go from ECU to data module. There is a video on youtube on how to route the longer cable.

The Tparts data module though sometimes does not recognize my usb drive, especially after I turn the car off and come back I sometimes have to insert my USB drive a few times for the data module to recognize my drive. Does anyone else with Tparts data module have the same issue?
I ended up going OEM and just bought a 6-foot male-to-male USB. No issues with OEM FWIW

• Informative
Reactions: jjrandorin

Hi I have the aliexpress Tparts data module (I+A) but cannot get it to even show up as a usb drive on the Tesla display. UK Sept 22 MYLR.
Will try one last time with usb ext cable direct module to console…

The ECU data port is just a mini USB A as on the (third party) data modules. So to connect to both ends you just need a long (2/3 meter) mini usb male to mini usb male lead…

I recently ordered the data usb assy from tesla (1755200-00-B) and installed a mini usb cable from the glove box to the center console. This worked to enable my data from the center console on my model 3 2022. Prior to updating to 2022.44.25 I was able to view my usb for music from the center console, after this update I no longer am able to see the usb but if I move my SSD for Tesla cam from the glove box to the center console it's able to record. I don't see anything in the update which removed the usb for music, would it be something else which could be wrong with it?

I've attached the pictures of what I found, the unused connector is all wrapped up.

There used to be a gray microusb dongle in the center console wiring harness that ran midway to the side of the passenger center console, and then the microusb from there to the ECU under the glove box was missing and this is what the "new" Tparts kit provides, the microusb cord to connect midway from the center console to the ECU under the glovebox.

/

Stated differently, the connection point for the microusb cable which used to be halfway down the center console and run to the gray dongle in the center console wiring harness is now non-existent.

@tapau and @cclmf, where is the other end of the gray mini-USB connector going from the center console? Can it be accessed by removing the side panel to the center console? It's #2 in @cclmf's drawing. I have the cable but need to install the extension. Thanks.

Edit: Found a YT video:

Last edited:
@tapau and @cclmf, where is the other end of the gray mini-USB connector going from the center console? Can it be accessed by removing the side panel to the center console? It's #2 in @cclmf's drawing. I have the cable but need to install the extension. Thanks.

Yes remove the passenger side center console "panel" and you will see it near the bolts that hold center console in place. Same panel piece that is removed to replace cabin filters. The TeslaBros center console retrofit video on YouTube shows where it is.

Reactions: snovvman

Forgot I had this picture handy. I circled the mini-USB cable that goes to the USB module. Part number for that cable is 35077909.

screen1.jpg

Reactions: snovvman