TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

USB C connector

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Gaz_, Nov 14, 2019.

1. Gaz_

Gaz_ Member

My Model S has the Lightning connector for an iPhone in the centre console. I want to switch it out for USB C for my S9 but I need to measure the right angled connectors.

Browsing e-bay I see people are selling the right angled cable for a model 3 for £10. Does anyone with both cars know if Tesla saved money by using the same cable for the S and 3 and if I get one for the 3 whether it'd fit the standard S mount?

Thanks

2. GlenF

GlenF Member

Mine fits. I ordered the kit with the USB C cable since a kind soul at the SC gave me the bag for the Model 3 with the micro USB and Lightning cables. All 3 heads look the same and fit the dock in the center console. I didn't need the USB C, but I wanted to be ready for my next phone and not have to track down the cable by itself.

3. Ocala.Joe

Ocala.Joe Member

I just ordered mine from the Tesla site, not a bad price and free shipping.

4. AjrUleZ

AjrUleZ Member

I used my DJI mavic 2 usb c cable which goes with remote its the same...