TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

USB cable no longer included ???

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by BrunoB, May 14, 2019.

1. BrunoB

BrunoB Member

Has anyone who taking delivery of their model 3 very recently faced this affirmation that the USB that goes into the cell phone charging docks are no longer included ???

That seems to me this is one place that is pretty stupid to make cuts.

• Funny x 1
  2. blackeducator

blackeducator Member

Check back with delivery person(s). They might have forgotten them... or they may be in the car somewhere! But, I doubt it's a cost saving move for Tesla. Indeed, that would be "stupid"!

3. BrunoB

BrunoB Member

Actually it's the DA that told me that by email after I realised when I got home that they were not in the car. Needless to say that I'm challenging this statement.

4. ammulder

ammulder '98 GS400 -> P3D+

I took delivery last week and was told they aren't providing those cables any more. (It was OK with me because I had already gotten a wireless pad.)

5. rad1027

rad1027 Member

I took delivery on 4/23 and mine was in the "well" just below the door where you place your phones to charge. It was in a small grey box. Have you checked there? It was hidden a bit.

6. Knightshade

Knightshade Well-Known Member

I've seen a number of reports they no longer include the cables for most recent deliveries... makes sense given it saves em a couple bucks on every single car and many folks weren't getting the cables they actually needed anyway for their phones (see the big cable swap thread for example) - likewise also they no longer include the 14-50 adapter with the car to save a few bucks per vehicle.

7. ewoodrick

ewoodrick Active Member

Do other manufacturers also include them?

8. dmurphy

dmurphy Woof.

All the more reason just to get a Nomad pad and be done with it. Love mine.

9. TARS92

TARS92 Member

Whats the charging speed on that by the way?

10. Jeslay

Jeslay New Member

My dual motor model 3 came with both type c and iphone usb. My model 3p only came with a type c usb cable only. Doesnt hurt to ask delivery team that its missing.

11. dmurphy

dmurphy Woof.

Fast enough.... I haven't timed it on my iPhone, but fast enough for me.

12. WilliamG

WilliamG Active Member

I picked up my P3D on May 2. No phone charging cables.

• Informative x 1
  13. jayfrank

jayfrank Member

The OA told me today when I picked up that the charging cables no longer come with the vehicle as an email of earlier this year. I did have the two NEMA 5-15 and NEMA 14-50 connectors though, where others have said they did not get them.

• Informative x 1
  14. SoManyM3s

SoManyM3s Member

not including cheap cables is quite a weird cost saving measure lol. I think this is not appropriate since they claim to have a cell phone dock in their premium features. It's not a dock is there is no connector.

15. BryanJ.Greene

BryanJ.Greene Member

There should be a lightning and USB-C cables in the console. This cable would only be needed to charge the phone. The car doesnt play music from a phone via the USB ports (although it will play music from a USB thumb drive plugged in there).