TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

USB continues to play (in the background) while MS is parked ?

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by eggy, Jun 14, 2015.

1. eggy

eggy Member

Hi

I use a USB drive to listen to my favorite songs.
    The other day I wanted to replay a song I listened to the previous day. So I selected BROWSE => recently played in order to pick that particular song. Since the songs are chronologically sorted/grouped (today, yesterday,...) I noticed that there were already a bunch of songs listed being played TODAY. The funny/strange part is that the car hasn't been used before on this day. The song I was looking for was listed in the group of YESTERDAY's played songs. I had to scroll down about 70-80 songs.

Once I noticed this behaviour I started to monitor it closely and it's not a one-time issue but occurs constantly.

Anybody else observed the same ?

2. lg_golfs

lg_golfs Member

I think you are describing a bug that has been reported in Firmware .236 or maybe was it .239. What firmware are you running?

3. eggy

eggy Member

.239, thanks, I was not aware of this.

4. lg_golfs

lg_golfs Member

I called Tesla Tech Support because I was having the music playing when I opened the door problem. We got to talking about other bugs that were happening with the update and he mentioned this one.

5. Johan

Johan Took a TSLA bear test. Came back negative.

yeah. This is not really a bug. It's "a feature". The cars software har become so intracate that it has crossed the line between specialized and generalized AI. The cars feels the need to listen to music while parked, and as a safety feature it's not allowed net access so it has to listen to the stuff that's on local media, over and over again for entertainment.

6. dvroegop

dvroegop Member

I can understand that. I do have an amazing collection on the USB..

But on a more serious note: I noticed the same. I got several full Springsteen shows on my USB, each about 3 to 4 hours long. I start a new show, park the car, do some shopping, come back and have to listen to the encores. Not a very big deal, but annoying nonetheless.

7. neroden

neroden Happy Model S Owner

Super obnoxious bug; the bigger problem is, it's undoubtedly draining power.

8. trils0n

trils0n 2013 P85

Well, I've noticed this on .245 now. Seems to finish playing whatever album I was listening to. Don't have repeat on and it seems to stop after the last song.

9. freds

freds Member

It's especially bad when you are listening to an audio book, you come back and find that the car 20 chapters ahead of where you are....

10. eggy

eggy Member

That's my concern too!

- - - Updated - - -

I was referring to the potential power drain, not the audio book... :)