Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

USB control by artist

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Forgive me but can't find this anywhere...

I have my USB drive working great, thanks to the detailed instructions on this forum.

Now, I see, for example:

ARTISTS ---> ART BLAKEY and then 8 albums

How do I tell the car to randomly play from among the 8?

If I drill into one of the albums, I can hit a track and then it will play the songs from THAT album.

But as far as I can tell, the only purpose of the ARTIST sort is to help you find an album, not an artist.

That can't be true!

What am I missing?

Thanks.

So I took another look on my way home, because I thought there was a "Folder" option in addition to the "Artist" option and others. I remembered correctly, and you may be able to do what you want by using that option...

Assuming you don't care about album art or your album art is embedded in the MP3 tags, you could put all songs by each artist in a folder with that artist's name forgoing subfolders for albums. At this point, you could use the "Folder" option to pick a song and PRESUMABLY (I haven't tested this) play all songs in that folder at random. Assuming the other options use the MP3 tags to populate, this wouldn't break any of the other existing functionality.