Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

USB controller for games

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone found a usb controller that works with the games on the latest updates? Searching only seems to find US products. Can anyone confirm before I order one?

I just bought an Xbox One controller and I can’t get it to work! What am I doing wrong? I got the controller from Bestbuy. It is wireless, but I plugged a USB cable into the USB micro connector on the device. Car does not seem to see it.

This one is a nice cheap one:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01KVBL4U2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Wireless so I don't have to muck about with a USB cable, just put the dongle in a USB hub to keep the USB ports free.
Uses AA batteries. I just replace the batteries when empty. I don't play often enough to keep a rechargeable controller workable.

This is really good to learn about, I've been mulling whether to try a 3rd party wireless dongle for a MS 360 wireless controller. Can you please confirm it works with Beach Buggy racing seamlessly? What about the other titles - I've tried things like Breakout and Asteroids with a PS4 2nd gen controller and it's far too twitch/sensitive. Thanks.

This is really good to learn about, I've been mulling whether to try a 3rd party wireless dongle for a MS 360 wireless controller. Can you please confirm it works with Beach Buggy racing seamlessly? What about the other titles - I've tried things like Breakout and Asteroids with a PS4 2nd gen controller and it's far too twitch/sensitive. Thanks.

Works with Beach Buggy Racing, but I would not say seamlessly. Sometimes I have had to quit the Arcade and re-open, so I blame the app rather than the controller.
Not tried it with V10 yet as it only went in my M3 this morning. Worked most the time in V9 with BBR, Asteroids, Centipede and Lunar Lander.

• Informative
Reactions: mpandrew