Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

USB Drive FAILURE

Which USB Drive Do You Use - Drive Failed

• Scandisk Ultra Fit USB 3.1 - No Failure

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Scandisk Ultra Fit USB 3.1 - Drive Failed

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Samsung MUF-64AB/AM FIT Plus – 200MB/s USB 3.1 Flash Drive - Drive Failed

• Samsung MUF-64AB/AM FIT Plus – 200MB/s USB 3.1 Flash Drive - No Failure

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Another Brand High Speed USB 2.0 Compatible Drive - Drive Failed

• Another Brand High Speed USB 2.0 Compatible Drive - No Failure.

Votes: 4 66.7%

• Total voters

eladts

Jul 31, 2016
Brookline, MA
The USB 3.0 port (the one that supports data) is located inside the glovebox. Tesla added a second USB-C port to the front, now there are (2) USB-C ports (these are only for powering devices, not for data.) The front USB-C ports are located inside the center compartment (the one with the sliding cover.) The front USB-C ports are located on the rear most facing side of the center compartment. (I would suggest using your phone as a flashlight to help to see the USB-C ports.)

That's not accurate. As far as I understand, newer Model 3/Y have the following USB ports:
  • USB-A inside the glove box (data at USB 3.0 speeds)
  • 2 USB-C inside the rear of the center storage compartment (data at USB 2.0 speeds + PD charging)
  • 2 USB-C below the rear vents (PD charging only, no data)

• Informative
Reactions: srlawren

jcanoe

Oct 2, 2020
Maryland
That's not accurate. As far as I understand, newer Model 3/Y have the following USB ports:
  • 2 USB-C inside the rear of the center storage compartment (data at USB 2.0 speeds + PD charging)
I do believe you are right. Has the Owner's Manual been updated?

Blucenturion

May 31, 2019
Humboldt Co., CA
And so it is. That's accurate.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC