TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

USB Drive Frustrations

Discussion in 'Model S' started by wiaitchison, Jul 11, 2015.

1. wiaitchison

wiaitchison New Member

It used to be that you'd be able to pause the playback on a USB drive, and then when you restarted the car hours or days later, the playback could be manually resumed from the point of the pausing. For a couple of months now, the system resets to the start of the USB track (instead of the pause point), a hassle if you're listening to hour-long podcasts. Now, even though the playback is paused before the car was shutdown, the playback automatically resumes and the audio plays when the car is turned on, and from the start of the USB track.

Any ideas how to solve either of these problems?

2. Canuck

Canuck Active Member

I have the same frustration. I think the only way to fix it will be by way of a future update. It makes no sense that it worked fine previously but a recent update ruined it! :cursing:

3. kdid

kdid New Member

Maybe you can work around it for shorter stops by using camper-mode, and turn off the climate system to save power?

4. MDK

MDK Aussie Member