Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

USB drive issues with Jeda Hub

Robospartan

Sep 21, 2020
Southbury, CT
Hi All

Anyone having issues with MY not recognizing the USB drive on start up when plugged into the Jeda hub?

I have to unplug my thumb drive and move it to a different port in order for the car to recognize it.

Happens every day.

jeffbco

Jun 7, 2020
Austin, TX
Hi All

Anyone having issues with MY not recognizing the USB drive on start up when plugged into the Jeda hub?

I have to unplug my thumb drive and move it to a different port in order for the car to recognize it.

Happens every day.
Which of the 6 USB outlets in the hub are you using? If it continues you might want to unplug the hub and try your thumb drive in one of the OEM outlets and see if the problem persist.

CLLACAB

Dec 11, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
I have a 2021 with the flash drive in the glovebox. I am having the same issue. I have to unplug and replug the flash drive for the car to recognize it. I have the Jeda hub, but I am not sure it is the Jeda hub. Seems more like a software issue.

jeffbco

Jun 7, 2020
Austin, TX
I have a 2021 with the flash drive in the glovebox. I am having the same issue. I have to unplug and replug the flash drive for the car to recognize it. I have the Jeda hub, but I am not sure it is the Jeda hub. Seems more like a software issue.
Have you tried a different thumb drive?

patnshan

Oct 7, 2020
Milwaukee, WI USA
My tesla provided USB drive also has to be periodically unplugged and replugged to get the car to recognize it. It's terribly annoying. I've tried reformatting, etc. Nothing helps. I use the glove box USB port, so I doubt your issue is the Jeda hub. I have one too, just don't use it for that.

jeffbco

Jun 7, 2020
Austin, TX
My tesla provided USB drive also has to be periodically unplugged and replugged to get the car to recognize it. It's terribly annoying. I've tried reformatting, etc. Nothing helps. I use the glove box USB port, so I doubt your issue is the Jeda hub. I have one too, just don't use it for that.
Try a different USB drive.

Robospartan

Sep 21, 2020
Southbury, CT
I tried a different USB, formatted by the car prior to adding files and that seems to have worked on a small scale 1day trial.

Did the swapping of my main thumb drive today and will report back tomorrow with results.

Robospartan

Sep 21, 2020
Southbury, CT
My saga continues.... reached out to Jeda and explained the issues. They provided some Trouble shooting steps, but those didn't solve the issues.

Replacement hub has been sent out, so we'll see if that does the trick.

• Informative
Reactions: patnshan

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC