Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

USB & Headlight issues

1.21GW

Jul 23, 2018
Michigan
Recently I have encountered a few strange issues and wanted to know if others were experiencing the same.

1. USB ports randomly stop functioning. My phone doesn’t charge and the Sentry/Dashcam doesn’t record. My USB ports are effectively dead. I do a reboot and the functionality comes back, phone charges and Dashcam works again. Then after a while, it stops and the process repeats

2. Headlights, my headlights are very sensitive to darkness. If a shadow crosses my car, my headlights come on. But the real problem is how long it takes for them to turn off. It takes a few minutes in bright sunshine for them to turn off. I have been driving around in the middle of the day with headlights on. At noon on a sunny 80 degree day, I’m the idiot driving around with my headlights on. They do turn off after a bit, but the next shadow that I drive by, they are on again for a while.

jdw

Supporting Member
Jun 1, 2015
Vancouver
I've seen the same issues over the last few updates. The USB issue hasn't happened for a while now, but the headlights are still ongoing as of 2020.16.2.1

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC