Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

USB Hub from Jeda and Taptes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered the Jeda hub along with the wireless pad. I emailed them yesterday they are quick to respond and said my order would go out this week or beginning of next week. I ordered in April when I got the car. They did say they upgraded the wireless pad to version 3.

Reactions: laservet
I wish I could remember. I have the hub and charging pad for the Y on order and came across it somewhere. From what I recall, the USB-C port was hard to develop against compared to the prior dual USB-A in the 3.

This was the link I recieved when I asked them for an update. I ordered a MY Wireless Pad (moving to V3) and the MY Hub.
Model Y USB Hub Status Update

Reactions: Georgia_Y
Since we're already half way into June they should have have worked things out and begun shipping already. TonyMS on post#7 has said they told him that his will go out this week or beginning of next week

I actually found the email that @SEndicott linked in my trash folder and it was sent on May 31st. I doubt that postponing to June meant in less than 2 weeks to resolve an issue like this. Maybe, but going by their track record, it could easily be August or September before we see them.

Our next email update will follow in one week and a half, and will contain an updated timeline with shipments and ETA's for batches for all orders for the month of June.

This was also stated in the email and being just over that timeline, we have not seen a follow up email on the actual estimated ship date.

Reactions: MY.MSM
Just saw this update from Jeda.

Well, this is long overdue!

As many of you may know, our Model Y hubs were postponed for a period due to technical botlenecks our team was working through. We're happy to say that we have worked through many of the issues we had with the Model Y ports. Why was the Model Y more difficult? The internal engineering and power distribution/delivery, was completely different from the Model 3, and exhibited very unique behavior with the USB C ports. As such, as we had to work on new PCB boards and electronics, and test countless board after another to create a perfect working hub.

We realized we could not do this alone. So, one big thing we have done since our last email update is we have enlisted the help of Munro and Associates to get all the specs necessary for the Model Y Hub. What does this do? it provides the blueprint we need to provide the best hub possible. This is exciting news, and great news too - because we're not simply chancing anything, we're working on a technically sound, safe, and reliable product which we KNOW will work becuase we designed it around the internals.

We don't want to provide ETA"s and miss the mark, as we've already done that. We will be finalizing the last few tests we need to complete this week, and then will be able to provide concrete ETA's in our next email.

We are offering cancellations, and are happy to cancel should you not want to wait. You are welcome to reorder when our ship dates are finalized in our next email. We know that any product made for this purpose for the Model Y and new Model 3 will require the same vigilent testing (since the internal eletronics are vastly different), and we feel confident we are the only ones that will be able to provide a safe, tested, and proven USB Hub in the upcoming month.

Our products are tested for safety, efficient power delivery, and overall performance. We will not compromise on ensuring we deliver a product which meets those standards.

Thank you for your patience with us and our team, and please reach out anytime about your order.

Reactions: KenYoung1
I ordered mine in May and still haven't received it. I've received some epic emails from them with promises of "shipping soon" and that I " will love it." As a fellow business owner and manufacturer, I feel bad for them in terms of the supply chain being drastically delayed as this has also happened in my industry. However, none of their communication has been accurate up to this point and their emails only seem to make matters worse. The promises that they'll be shipping soon are comical at this point.

• Helpful
Reactions: eyedub