Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

USB Hub from Jeda and Taptes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I tweeted them and they responded pretty quick. Seriously, blow their Twitter up.

"Hey Eric! We had 3 prototype sample units. These are not final products, and they are prototype samples. We sent them to only 3 journalists and influencers we have known for many years. We sent them specifically at this time, knowing our shipping is starting ASAP."

https://twitter.com/getjeda/status/1316174364140728321?s=20

"The hub above, is an old model 3 hub ( USB A ) which was won in a giveaway, and those ship in 24-48 hours."

https://twitter.com/getjeda/status/1316174679858581504?s=20

Got the same email.

Honestly folks, the delay is fine and likely attributable to COVID manufacturing delays. Even Apple had to shift their launch due to manufacturing issues; these folks are producing a niche addition to a niche car. They've delivered other products before, and are doing their best to deliver a quality product now.

* Shipping Update *

Firstly, we want to take a moment to say a huge thanks to all of you for your patience in waiting for this USB Hub. You won't be disappointed you did! While the time to receive it was lengthy, you can rest assured the product was worked on and perfected for you, and was done so with safety and efficiency being the utmost concern.

Without further ado, shipments have begun! Production has finished. Over the past week we have been individually testing each USB Hub, and packaging them with the accessories that accompany them. We are going to be working on shrink-wrapping them up and sending them in weekly batches.

A few notes:

• Please double check you ordered the correct hub, as they look identical. This hub has a USB A and USB C configuration, while our other one has a USB A configuration. If you're confused, please refer to the diagram at the bottom of this email, or reach out to us.
  • Since we are a bit backlogged, these will be going out in batches on a weekly basis. We know you've been waiting for you hub, and we appreciate you allowing our team to get everything packed up and ready for you! Batches are done both due to size constraints, and to ensure product reliability and perfection. We set up monitoring to make sure after deployment no issues are received from the customers we ship to.
  • Shipments within the U.S tend to head out via FedEx, UPS, or USPS. Shipments to international countries tend to go out via DHL or UPS. If you have a preferred courier, please let us know.
  • If any address changes are required, please let us know as soon as possible. Once a package ships out, we can do little to stop it.
  • You will receive one more email from us with tracking details from our system.
Based on when you ordered, is when you will receive your hub. Orders placed earlier thi year can expect an earlier delivery, and those placed from August-October will ship a bit later. We want to say thank you for waiting on us fix, finish, and complete this project. It's been a challenge to complete some projects on time during this year, in the middle of many hurdles.

Having tested other units, we've seen another company release a rushed version of this product, which when opened up contains the bare minimum in terms of electronics. No power delivery, no safety metrics. We prioritize the quality of the hub, including the internals. The Jeda USB Hub is and will be the only 6 port USB hub on the market. On top of the extra features and quality, you can also expect fast USB C charging capabilities, which works perfectly with the Tesla stock charger or the Jeda Wireless Pad. The Jeda USB Hub for the Model Y/3 offers power delivery, and you can have peace of mind that the product you've spent time waiting for has been tested and tried for your Tesla experience.

We're going to be sharing some details about two new projects for the Model 3 and Y, which are compatible with our current product line and will work to enhance the Tesla driving experience! Some will work specifically with our hub, or your interior setup so be on the lookout.

* Shipping Update *

Firstly, we want to take a moment to say a huge thanks to all of you for your patience in waiting for this USB Hub. You won't be disappointed you did! While the time to receive it was lengthy, you can rest assured the product was worked on and perfected for you, and was done so with safety and efficiency being the utmost concern.

Without further ado, shipments have begun! Production has finished. Over the past week we have been individually testing each USB Hub, and packaging them with the accessories that accompany them. We are going to be working on shrink-wrapping them up and sending them in weekly batches.

A few notes:

• Please double check you ordered the correct hub, as they look identical. This hub has a USB A and USB C configuration, while our other one has a USB A configuration. If you're confused, please refer to the diagram at the bottom of this email, or reach out to us.
  • Since we are a bit backlogged, these will be going out in batches on a weekly basis. We know you've been waiting for you hub, and we appreciate you allowing our team to get everything packed up and ready for you! Batches are done both due to size constraints, and to ensure product reliability and perfection. We set up monitoring to make sure after deployment no issues are received from the customers we ship to.
  • Shipments within the U.S tend to head out via FedEx, UPS, or USPS. Shipments to international countries tend to go out via DHL or UPS. If you have a preferred courier, please let us know.
  • If any address changes are required, please let us know as soon as possible. Once a package ships out, we can do little to stop it.
  • You will receive one more email from us with tracking details from our system.
Based on when you ordered, is when you will receive your hub. Orders placed earlier thi year can expect an earlier delivery, and those placed from August-October will ship a bit later. We want to say thank you for waiting on us fix, finish, and complete this project. It's been a challenge to complete some projects on time during this year, in the middle of many hurdles.

Having tested other units, we've seen another company release a rushed version of this product, which when opened up contains the bare minimum in terms of electronics. No power delivery, no safety metrics. We prioritize the quality of the hub, including the internals. The Jeda USB Hub is and will be the only 6 port USB hub on the market. On top of the extra features and quality, you can also expect fast USB C charging capabilities, which works perfectly with the Tesla stock charger or the Jeda Wireless Pad. The Jeda USB Hub for the Model Y/3 offers power delivery, and you can have peace of mind that the product you've spent time waiting for has been tested and tried for your Tesla experience.

We're going to be sharing some details about two new projects for the Model 3 and Y, which are compatible with our current product line and will work to enhance the Tesla driving experience! Some will work specifically with our hub, or your interior setup so be on the lookout.

I did not receive this email even though I have an order on the books.

QUOTE="CoastalMikey, post: 5068090, member: 137447"]I had the same experience, however, it started working again once I unplugged the unit and reinstalled.[/QUOTE]

No such luck for me. I removed the Taptes hub from the car and connected it to a known good USB-C power source. Sure enough, the USB-C port on the hub that is reserved for wireless chjarging is dead.

Taptes has been slow to resolve this so far. Chinese holiday blah blah blah. I'm giving them a few more days before dropping any negative reviews in social media and forumns.

I finally received my Taptes USB hub order this week, and have been problem solving the installation for an hour. I finally have four of five ports working. After doing a scroll wheels reboot, a couple more ports came to life after initially not working.

The left side USB Type-C port appears to be D.O.A.

Can't say that I recommend this product.

UPDATE: Taptes sent a replacement, arriving today. The replacement hub works like a charm. Previous judgement rescinded...Taptes handled the situation well.

Reactions: angus[Y]oung