Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

USB media fwd: 3rd times the charm

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seems like 5.8 has introduced a bug in the media player. (could have been in all 5.x versions; I went directly from 4.8 to 5.8). When playing an album from USB media it takes three presses of the FWD button to actually advance to the next song!

Anybody else noticed this? It may also 'repeat' the song three times if you let it 'auto advance' (I only attempted this once before madly pressing FWD).

Just out of curiosity, how many copies of each song are on the drive? For example, I categorized my songs into artist folders, and then have a couple of playlist folders. Some songs, I have 3 copies of because it is in 3 different folders (artist, playlist1, playlist2). Maybe in your case it's playing all 3 [same] songs from different folders? Just an idea...

Right. I have some songs that will play six times because they happen to be on six different albums. The way to deal with this is to only mark one of them as a favourite and then just play favourites. I hope they soon come out with a shuffle.

Right. I have some songs that will play six times because they happen to be on six different albums. The way to deal with this is to only mark one of them as a favourite and then just play favourites. I hope they soon come out with a shuffle.

Odd because I could have sworn this 3x skip wasn't there in 4.8. Nothing was changed about the USB stick. The favorites idea is a good one. In my dreams this 'bug' was part of the brand new hidden code to implement shuffle that will be released soon :wink:

Odd because I could have sworn this 3x skip wasn't there in 4.8. Nothing was changed about the USB stick. The favorites idea is a good one. In my dreams this 'bug' was part of the brand new hidden code to implement shuffle that will be released soon :wink:

Hmm. I've had this behaviour since I first put in a USB stick.