Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

USB memory stick for Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have 2022 Y and all 4 USB C ports capable to charge the phone but wouln't accept any memory sticks.
I tried couple different type c flash drives and Tesla would recognize there is an USB.
Works fine from USB type A in the glovebox.

Any idea how can I use USB C port to listen music?
Any special USB sticks you use ?
May be tesla recognize only special release like USB 2.0 or 3.1?

Thanks

Well... Tesla manual for Model Y says that the ports in the glove box actually can be used to listen the music...

Model Y has two USB ports located in the front compartment of the center console. These ports can be used to:

Well... Tesla manual for Model Y says that the ports in the glove box actually can be used to listen the music...

Model Y has two USB ports located in the front compartment of the center console. These ports can be used to:
Using the link you provided there is a note that states "For some vehicles manufactured after approximately November 1, 2021, the center console USB ports may only support charging devices. Use the USB port inside the glove box for all other functions."

Reactions: Art84
I just installed the Tparts data transmission module which wasn't too difficult to install to restore data functionality to my 2 center console USB-C ports. Since Tesla has an open USB port for data transmssion underneath the glovebox, it makes sense to do it. The Tparts data transmission module was around $60 which I think it is worth it in the long run.

Yeah it seem like they have the best price .
And also supply the most tools and the extension cable necessary.
Did you break any of the plastic fasteners ?
How are you going to use it ? Did the USB Icon pop right up?
The T-Parts module package comes with all the tools you need including the T20 screwdriver to unscrew the module and the blue rivet remover. In terms of plastic fasteners, I wouldn't about it too much. I don't know if I broke any plastic fasteners....maybe 1 but it holds up fine.

Yes I did get the USB icon to show up when I plugged in my USB drive where I put in a few songs for a test. Works perfectly.