TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

USB Music always resets itself?

Discussion in 'Model X' started by Fat Bao, Jun 3, 2016.

1. Fat Bao

Fat Bao Member

I listen to mp3s from my USB stick and everytime when I enter the X, the music always reset itself to opening Music screen. I will have to multiple tap back to the folder I previously listened to. Kind of annoying. Anyone experiencing the same or it's just me?

2. grommet

grommet Member

"As designed." The Tesla music file playback interface hasn't had any real updates in years... it's deeply flawed, and just not a priority. I gave up on it ages ago and just stream from my phone.

3. X Fan

X Fan Member

And it should be improved/be a priority. Auto/self driving passengers want music convenience.

• Funny x 1
  4. Fat Bao

Fat Bao Member

I never had this issue with my 3 previous Model S. I set the right side of the cluster to Music and now everytime when I enter the X, the right side is blank. I have to reopen the music menu and select a song in order for it to show up.

5. Gwgan

Gwgan Almost a wagon

Always. The USB has to reload every time so there's no way it could remember where I left off.

6. Johan

Johan Took a TSLA bear test. Came back negative.

If they are aiming for full autonomous driving you would think they could solve this nut.

• Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
  7. aesculus

aesculus Still Trying to Figure this All Out

It is a bit of an insult with the other tech being so high. Heck they could get a low level entry sw engineer to work on this or even an intern from the local community college and do better.

8. Johan

Agreed. Something tells me it's more about priorities than ability.

That said it amazes me that after all this time they won't fix all the missing and straight up incorrect functionality in the media player and navigation. It really would be such cheap and easy goodwill points with the owners if they did this. Like I always say: Pick the low hanging fruit first! (Or at least go back and pick it after you did whatever was more important at the moment, but don't let it rot on the tree).

9. roblab

roblab Active Member

My kick is that you can't turn the music off, as in, every time I come up to the car and open the door, it starts playing. Tesla has heard me tell them that not everyone wants to hear music all the time, but when I turn it off, the next time I open the door, it's on. Tesla says to Mute it, but if I do happen to be listening to something I like, muting just lets it keep playing unknown. When I go back, it's gone. I hear it's a pain with audio books, too.

It's obviously a young tech thing. My daughter has sound blasting all the time. She turns it off in her head. I can't do that, as I have old technology to deal with under my gray hair.

But I will repeat. PLEASE, Tesla, make it so I can turn off the player. I like the sound of silence most of the time, and I like the sound to start where I left off.

• Like x 1
  10. goneskiian

goneskiian Active Member

It's stuff this and the OP's point of this thread that I have a feeling I will be most disappointed with in the X.

11. aesculus

Yeah. What's up with that?:mad:

12. aesculus

You will be disappointed with the audio playback capabilities of the Model X, but not the quality of the sound nor the car in general.

13. Johan

Rob, I assure you that you are not crazy, it's not some "young tech thing". It's a bug is what it is.

14. goneskiian

goneskiian Active Member

And I'm sure they will be pretty easy to ignore. Who knows, maybe they will ssurprise us "soon" and fix them. o_O :p