Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

USB Music - cover art

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Shoot, my USB completely stopped working for a few days, even after a reboot. No update or anything.... It's working again finally but I almost feel like it was a "stop complaining or else" :eek:

Weird.... It (my USB) stopped again. Even after several resets/reboots I get nothing. Just brought it in to see if there were any corrupt files and.. well.... It died. Zero free space zero used space. That explains that.... :confused:

• Helpful
Reactions: ianc
Weird.... It (my USB) stopped again. Even after several resets/reboots I get nothing. Just brought it in to see if there were any corrupt files and.. well.... It died. Zero free space zero used space. That explains that.... :confused:
Do you partition drive for music and dashcam? I do not... have never had problem with music drive, but chewing through dashcam drives like chicklets.

• Informative
Reactions: byeLT4
I've only had my Model 3 for about 2 months, so for me this issue has always existed. As I'm learning about this by reading through the forum, I've pretty surprised. I mean, how hard is it to display a picture? There must be something else in the software that this affects that we are not aware of or else they would just fix it immediately.

My suggestion... relax and don’t pin hopes on each release. It will happen. In discussion of EMMC problem with MCU1 S&Xs on another thread, it was posited that album art was stored on EMMC. If so, then this may have been removed to mitigate EMMC lifespan issues rather than by error... so it is possible that restoring art is more than fixing broken code, it may require redesign of where/how album art is stored. Which would not be T’s top priority. And Before we get indignant, realize I’m not talking about right and wrong, just pragmatic reality. All hypothesis of course.

My suggestion... relax and don’t pin hopes on each release. It will happen. In discussion of EMMC problem with MCU1 S&Xs on another thread, it was posited that album art was stored on EMMC. If so, then this may have been removed to mitigate EMMC lifespan issues rather than by error... so it is possible that restoring art is more than fixing broken code, it may require redesign of where/how album art is stored. Which would not be T’s top priority. And Before we get indignant, realize I’m not talking about right and wrong, just pragmatic reality. All hypothesis of course.

Interesting... I'll try this experiment again but sometimes I see album art streaming from my phone (now that I use that primarily since my USB stick bit the dust). Last night I had 'Invincible' by Pat Benatar in my head and my wife, a self proclaimed 80s girl, said she hadn't heard it. I downloaded on the phone and streamed it to the car a VIOLA, album art. Being the first time I've played it, it couldn't have been stored yet in the cars memory and maybe that is why it was displayed?

Interesting... I'll try this experiment again but sometimes I see album art streaming from my phone (now that I use that primarily since my USB stick bit the dust). Last night I had 'Invincible' by Pat Benatar in my head and my wife, a self proclaimed 80s girl, said she hadn't heard it. I downloaded on the phone and streamed it to the car a VIOLA, album art. Being the first time I've played it, it couldn't have been stored yet in the cars memory and maybe that is why it was displayed?
The album artwork has always appeared for me streaming from my phone. USB always did also until Tesla broke it with the media update. But the phone artwork still appears but the USB no longer does. Has to be a simple fix.

I also like purchasing physical media, must be the old timer in me. I have tons of great DVD Audio and CD's
I been using iTunes to rip them to my M3 seems to work great but unable to do this with my DVD audio.

I also chatted with Tesla about the cover art and got the same answer yesterday. "We are aware of it and it will be corrected in future update."

• Informative
Reactions: byeLT4