Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

USB Music - cover art

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I thought this was the case, but have subsequently seen many statements and evidence to the contrary.

My current understanding is that 'bug report' does create a local log entry including some data, but that it's purpose is to be viewable on request using Tesla's service tools.

I think booking a service call would cause the issue to become more visible. Of course the call will be cancelled, but at least the issue will be recorded.
Well, since inner workings of Tesla are so cryptic, how about doing both to cover all the bases.

Reactions: Battpower
I think booking a service call would cause the issue to become more visible. Of course the call will be cancelled, but at least the issue will be recorded.

Well, since inner workings of Tesla are so cryptic, how about doing both to cover all the bases.
Because making sure that we can see that little thumbnail of the album art should be priority 1!

#FirstWorldProblems

Reactions: Mr X
Because making sure that we can see that little thumbnail of the album art should be priority 1!

#FirstWorldProblems

Considering I have used Album Art Exchange to find HQ cover arts for almost all of my songs, I must have that small little 64x64 digital box of colored pixels being displayed while playing my music collection! It is a must!

Doing a bug report again today, might call service, post a few times on twitter daily as well, not trying to be annoying but just trying to get this out since it's so small and insignificant, but important! lol

Now I hide the music tab from being displayed on screen because I don't like no cover art showing when playing a song that I know has cover art assigned.

This is so ridiculous lol

#FirstWorldProblems
To me the most important point is that it USED to work and they broke it - if their regression testing doesn't catch this, what else did they break and not catch?
I have had Tesla's for many years and this kind of 'change one thing, break something else' is, sadly, not new. This is also not the first time they broke this particular thing - it has happened before!

I thought this was the case, but have subsequently seen many statements and evidence to the contrary.

My current understanding is that 'bug report' does create a local log entry including some data, but that it's purpose is to be viewable on request using Tesla's service tools.

That is what I did when I saw after the update that the art was missing, and also the recently played list ignores anything played from my usb. I made an appointment through the app and when the guy finally responded with a text, he said it was a known issue, and then had me cancel my appointment. After the next update with no fix, I texted the guy again and he said it would probably take 3 or more updates before it would be fixed but that they knew it was an outstanding issue for everybody. Tesla makes a big deal about how their cars gets over the air updates, but they don't tell people how those updates can break stuff that was previously working.

Don't think thats what it's doing. Tried it again in an area with no wifi and no cell service. (Basement parking)
The songs are on my iPhone with my own covert art. When I bluetooth the song to the car it does display cover art.
It will not do it from my USB SSD connection.

+1 to desire in wanting to get this fixed.

I'm surprised how some people try to be critical of people who want this fixed in a >$60K vehicle, especially when it was broken by actions beyond the user. I don't care if I paid $10 for something, if they break it, they should have to fix it. Isn't that the expectation of a buyer as well? (i.e. you break it, you buy it).

Anyways, hopefully it gets fixed soon. I expected it would get fixed within a few weeks of the update (since I assumed it would be an easy fix) but clearly it's more involved for some reason. Hopefully it's more accurate as I also found before that the album covers wouldn't always match the file's album cover (it's almost like it wouldn't hook into the right cover and keep the previous tracks cover).

Reactions: anti
I'm surprised how some people try to be critical of people who want this fixed in a >$60K vehicle, especially when it was broken by actions beyond the user. I don't care if I paid $10 for something, if they break it, they should have to fix it. Isn't that the expectation of a buyer as well? (i.e. you break it, you buy it).

No one has been critical of people who want it fixed - in fact, I'm confident that every person in this thread wants this fixed.

It's just as problems go, it really isn't what I would call a high-priority issue.

Here’s what’s interesting: on one hand they designed a hifi system that plays uncompressed audio, tuned it so it sounds 100% better with uncompressed audio, and enabled FLAC USB from the start. And, if the rumors are correct, we should have TIDAL integration soon, which streams CD quality and better. On the other hand, they’ve pretty much ignored USB audio since 2012 when I got my first Tesla, except to occasionally break some stuff and then fix it.

I remain confident this will be fixed soon. It is mot impacting my audio experience. And I’m sure looking forward to Tidal, at which point I will no longer really need USB.

Reactions: StealthP3D
Here’s what’s interesting: on one hand they designed a hifi system that plays uncompressed audio, tuned it so it sounds 100% better with uncompressed audio, and enabled FLAC USB from the start. And, if the rumors are correct, we should have TIDAL integration soon, which streams CD quality and better. On the other hand, they’ve pretty much ignored USB audio since 2012 when I got my first Tesla, except to occasionally break some stuff and then fix it.

I remain confident this will be fixed soon. It is mot impacting my audio experience. And I’m sure looking forward to Tidal, at which point I will no longer really need USB.
I wouldn’t count in it. TIDAL HiFi is $20 a month plus it burns up data like crazy. Tesla will probably charge a premium as well to stream at that high bit rate. The current $10 streaming charge would be a steal at that point.

as problems go, it really isn't what I would call a high-priority issue.

I totally agree, and to a slightly lesser degree about other UI regressions. What I find of greater concern is that so many glitchy errors keep slipping through whatever testing they do. If Tesla wants to retain OTA updating as part of its model, it needs to demonstrate the quality and maturity of approach that will ensure both owners and regulators remain happy.

I wouldn’t count in it. TIDAL HiFi is $20 a month plus it burns up data like crazy. Tesla will probably charge a premium as well to stream at that high bit rate. The current $10 streaming charge would be a steal at that point.
Well, it has been spotted in the code and acknowledged by Tesla that they are working on Tidal and Amazon Music, both of whom offer CD quality streaming. So I think it’s just a matter of when. Now, they could offer those services but limit to low-fi. But it would seem inconsistent with their hifi audio design. We will see.

I already pay a tidal family subscription, so no extra $ for me. it all comes down to priorities. For me, it is worth paying higher subscription for better fidelity. And I have plenty of bandwidth at home. Might be interesting on the road.

Reactions: Tpstulane
If they do allow higher bit rate for Tidal then I see no reason why they couldn't flip the switch for Spotify and the Slacker variant that is included. If they focused more on the local storage player then those who choose to play locally but still pay for connectivity will benefit Tesla with the monthly costs of the higher bandwidth usage. They really do need to focus on the media player. I do play FLAC media but I also want multichannel FLAC, other lossless support, playlist abilities, use local storage when searching for media and many more features that are missing.