Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

USB Music - cover art

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am not sure how you did it - my personal method is to use dBpoweramp batch converter with a tag utility that you can say - look for folder.jpg art in the directory, and then embed it in every file in that directory (which is a waste, because there are 10 copies of the art on a 10 track album instead of one).
It's not that bad. Each image is probably 50KB so half a meg is "wasted" by having the image in 11 files. Back in the day of floppy diskettes this was something but with today's hundreds of gigabytes flash drives.... nah.

Not only DON'T I have any cover art, I keep getting a load error on any song I try and play, over a hundred of them on a proven drive that has worked for months until the latest software update. Tried pulling it out and reconnecting it, tried rebooting, nothing.. Still getting "loading error"... thank you 2020.44.10.1 a real blessing...

Laod error.jpg

A) it is obvious that USB music is low on Tesla’s priority list, and possibly not even in their regression test, as we have seen many releases break it and few improve it.

B) they always fix the breaks. Just need to get their attention. I do believe they catalog bug reports via car. A couple dozen ought to do it.

Reactions: pilotSteve
I contacted Tesla support and they walked me through rebooting the car two different ways, reformatting the USB drive and finally:

Our Advanced Support team will review the concern within the next 10-12 business days. If they are unable to resolve the concern, they will advise via email if service is needed.

Also missing, USB entries in the recent list. It used to retain an entry for "Songs" after I shuffled all. This was useful since it "forgot" what it was playing so often.

I contacted Tesla support and they walked me through rebooting the car two different ways, reformatting the USB drive and finally:

Our Advanced Support team will review the concern within the next 10-12 business days. If they are unable to resolve the concern, they will advise via email if service is needed.

Also missing, USB entries in the recent list. It used to retain an entry for "Songs" after I shuffled all. This was useful since it "forgot" what it was playing so often.
Did rebooting the fix it?

The only "media upgrade" I've noticed is the ability to hide the Spotify icon now. I really hated when they added it, so that's at least something.

I think every smart device I've ever owned has had Pandora except for my Tesla. I really don't care about Spotify or Slacker.