Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

USB Music - cover art

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If anyone has developer type knowledge, how can improving Spotify break the functions of USB connectivity? If that's the issue here.

It's like adding the "choose a priority phone key" function but breaking Bluetooth connectivity? I get they're related, but how can one of them just be broken?

For cover art... There were also options added for showing/hiding music sources, it's possible there's a regression in the code that makes it think the album art should be hidden as if the USB choice was hidden, even though it isn't. That's a wild guess but possibly in that neighborhood since at least a couple of us noticed it displaying the image for a split second then hiding it.

For connectivity... Not sure unless it disconnects when it thinks USB is supposed to be hidden or inactive when it shouldn't. Same neighborhood, different street. :) But all of us don't have that issue (I don't think) so possibly unrelated.

Hopefully everyone has done a bug report!

I feel like my car is missing something without cover art being displayed. And I wish it was larger as well. Not as big as in S or X but a little bit bigger would be nice. Maybe with the new UI update next year it will be...

I have a FLAC library that I export in MP3 format just for the car, and this update appears to be worse in a few areas.

You might enjoy your music more if you use the FLACs instead and invest in a bigger drive. I use a 2TB SSD with hi-res FLACs (44.1/16, 88.2/24, 176.4/24 and 192/24).

I've found the Tesla chokes on m4a files mixed in, so I do a search and delete for those.

Reactions: frankusb
No album art for my FLACs either. Also STILL no multichannel FLAC support. As much as Tesla advertises how good the sound system is they really do a disservice by not expanding on the media playback via USB (more lossless formats, playlist support/creation etc) AND limiting the bitrate on the streaming service offerings.

They should include the USB in the media search option. After all it’s a big piece of media for many.

I was amazed not to see it. Call me a conspiracy theorist, but I'm beginning to think Tesla doesn't want you listening to USB music. Why else would they not fix this irritating 90's player? They'd rather you pay the premium bandwidth fee to stream music. They'll just keep breaking things to make the experience worse and worse until finally people just give up..

I was amazed not to see it. Call me a conspiracy theorist, but I'm beginning to think Tesla doesn't want you listening to USB music. Why else would they not fix this irritating 90's player? They'd rather you pay the premium bandwidth fee to stream music. They'll just keep breaking things to make the experience worse and worse until finally people just give up..
Idk why it got messed up anyway or why it slipped through the cracks because it took me 5 minutes to figure it was messed up.

How hard is it to accomplish a good usb player when the are tons of free ones on the Google play store, for example?

It's not and this is totally BS

Reactions: Tpstulane
I guess FLACs and cover art are nice when stationary, don't get me wrong, I sit in my car too, but start rolling and the quality difference is inaudible, and any little cover art, well, not too important. It would be nice to see the covers really big, to beat playing Assteroids while charging.

Is anybody else having problems with the audio player since the 44.15 update? In three days, Spotify has logged itself out twice. Additionally, since 2020.44.10, USB music isn't reading/display album artwork. That one has persisted into the 44.15 build, too.