Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

USB Music - cover art

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
my iphone bluetooth music has always had album art. old iphone 6s with about 15,000 MP3 songs.

my USB music had the album art for quite awhile, but has been gone for a year. it's...interesting.

no, wait, just infuriating that things like this CONTINUE to affect my Tesla love. 3rd world probs indeed.

Reactions: kpgrizz
Updated to 2021.40 last night and cover art is back! But unfortunately I still don't have any albums showing up in recents or favorites, an issue I consider to be more frustrating than not having cover art.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    890.1 KB · Views: 104
  • 2.png
    2.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 104
Hmm... I am still on 2021.36.8. I don't have album art with USB playback (which doesn't bother me). But reading the post above made me realize we did have album art listening to our Thanksgiving playlist from my wife's phone today.

I updated to 2021.40.6 last night. I have album art, but unfortunately it frequently shows the back cover. The track I'm playing right now might be something different, maybe a booklet image? I'll have to check when I get home. So it looks like tools that hammer music metadata for Tesla libraries will need to do something with artwork, too.

Cool. My car didn't originally come with "album art technology" so this neat retro feature takes me back to when I was a kid when all cars had this gimmick.

I still don't know what to do with it though. What's the point of having USB music at all if you can't even choose an artist to play? Heck, I can't even *find* the artist I want to play. Why is the alphabet so difficult for them to understand? They seriously still have that same intern after all these screwups?

unnamed (3).jpg

• Funny
Reactions: FalconFour
I updated to 2021.40.6 last night. I have album art, but unfortunately it frequently shows the back cover. The track I'm playing right now might be something different, maybe a booklet image? I'll have to check when I get home. So it looks like tools that hammer music metadata for Tesla libraries will need to do something with artwork, too.
So does that mean that the car is fetching the cover art images from the internet, instead of using the ones embedded into the MP3 files? Hopefully there's some logic in the system which first checks to see if there is an image in the file and uses that one if present but if none is found, then goes out to the web and grabs whatever it thinks is appropriate.

Cool. My car didn't originally come with "album art technology" so this neat retro feature takes me back to when I was a kid when all cars had this gimmick.

I still don't know what to do with it though. What's the point of having USB music at all if you can't even choose an artist to play? Heck, I can't even *find* the artist I want to play. Why is the alphabet so difficult for them to understand? They seriously still have that same intern after all these screwups?

View attachment 739085

That's O, like "Only Artists That Begin With M" ...

*crickets*

OK, maybe not. :D

So does that mean that the car is fetching the cover art images from the internet, instead of using the ones embedded into the MP3 files? Hopefully there's some logic in the system which first checks to see if there is an image in the file and uses that one if present but if none is found, then goes out to the web and grabs whatever it thinks is appropriate.

It's probably getting the wrong image from the file itself, because it's reading through all images and grabbing the last one, or there's some meta-attribute it's misreading.

If I can get the f-ing update, I'll play around with various embedded image resources, see if there's any logic (er, "logic") to it.

That's O, like "Only Artists That Begin With M" ...

*crickets*

OK, maybe not. :D

It's probably getting the wrong image from the file itself, because it's reading through all images and grabbing the last one, or there's some meta-attribute it's misreading.

If I can get the f-ing update, I'll play around with various embedded image resources, see if there's any logic (er, "logic") to it.
I am anxiously awaiting this update as well. If I am interpreting TeslaFi software tracker correctly, (and I’m not saying that is likely), 98.5% of Model 3 LR RWD Teslas have an update more recent than mine, 2021.32.22. I’ve been making sure my car is connected to WiFi every night before I go to bed for the past 2 weeks. Is it my safety score? I just had one bad day when I was driving though a long construction zone and got some unexpected front-end warnings. Maybe in a week when that day ages out. I’m not begging for FSD beta, I just want my album art!

Also, I don't know if anyone here is old enough to remember what USB cover art used to look like in the early days of the auto industry. Kinda funny to see 460 posts in this thread begging for that pathetic little postage stamp thing that you can't even see.

For those not familiar, this is what a typical war-era car looked like, generations ago:

unnamed.png