Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

USB Music Duplicates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have the weirdest situation manifesting on my USB music library. I have been using a Samsung USB drive that has been fantastic. Not long ago, I wanted to back up my music library to my laptop, and I noticed that when I plugged the USB back into my Tesla, nearly all of the songs on my USB are duplicated (see photos). The crazy thing is that I made an EXACT copy of the music library on my laptop and simply transferred it to the USB. And there is definitely only ONE song in the original playlist. So, how did TWO copies end up on the USB? Just to make sure I wasn't going crazy, I took took the USB and completely wiped it and reformatted it. Then I took the original files from the laptop again and copied them onto the USB, and lo and behold, the songs are duplicated yet again. So ... where in the world is it picking up the extra songs? The MCU is obviously not storing the music (right?) so where is the duplicate coming from? Any ideas would be greatly welcomed!

Attachments

• IMG_0724.jpg
    IMG_0724.jpg
    702.7 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_0723.jpg
    IMG_0723.jpg
    393.3 KB · Views: 62