Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

USB music files "loading error"

zarman

Mar 28, 2018
Newcastle ca
I converted a few files from WMA (which worked when I built the USB) to WAV and now can play those converted files. What gives? Why is WMA no longer working?

jcs3

Mar 4, 2019
Massachusetts
I'm having the same problem. I had about 40GB of music on USB from iTunes library with no problems until a software update. Now it won't play anything from USB. The files all show to be there, but I get the "Loading Error" message instead of music. I tried erasing the drive, then reloading a few songs to see if that would work. Nope. I still get the Loading Error message and no music. Help!

I forgot to mention that I was using a USB hub so I could use three drives; music, sentry, phone charging. I noticed the hub and drive were getting quite hot, so I removed the hub and tried plugging the USB drive directly into the car before reformatting and reloading the drive, but that did no good.

Last edited:

jcs3

Mar 4, 2019
Massachusetts
I used Apple Lossless after watching a Tesla audio system review by Matt Farrell on his Undecided YouTube channel. As he said, it worked beautifully for months. Then the software update started giving me Loading Error messages. There has to be another reason why this is happening, especially since there are others who are having the same problem.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC