Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

USB music getting disconnected

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Luckily I have always just manually made a playlist on my PC by copying a large number of mp3 files into a single folder, then just leave that on continuous repeat in the car.
When you do this, the Tesla doesn't keep track of what it has played, often replaying songs you've already heard without having played other tracks.

The one downside to doing this is that while it recalls the playback position, it doesn't recall the on-screen album (or whatever) listings. If I want to look at the group I am in or select the next album*, I have to navigate back to the folder hierarchy from the beginning.
*I have two drives (long story) and I catalog a lot of my music by putting full albums into folders and then those folders into a folder for the artist and then classified into various folders for organization.

The one downside to doing this is that while it recalls the playback position, it doesn't recall the on-screen album (or whatever) listings. If I want to look at the group I am in or select the next album*, I have to navigate back to the folder hierarchy from the beginning.
*I have two drives (long story) and I catalog a lot of my music by putting full albums into folders and then those folders into a folder for the artist and then classified into various folders for organization.
Saying "USB" worked for me too for a while. However, about a month ago, my car (2016 Model S} stopped recognizing this command and said it could not open my USB music. Anyone else have that problem?

Saying "USB" worked for me too for a while. However, about a month ago, my car (2016 Model S} stopped recognizing this command and said it could not open my USB music. Anyone else have that problem?
Yes, this happened recently to me (Model 3, did not coincide with a software upgrade) where "USB" resulted in "I can't open that service". "USB" not working also occurred some time ago for a while, but then it started working again. "Switch to USB" worked then and now when "USB" did not work.