Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

USB music playing and iPod - has it got any better with new SW releases?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

as a newbie I will be getting my M3 SR+ on 25th June.

Looking forward to it but was wondering about the music situation.

I have an archaic iPod nano 3 which I naively was hoping just to plug into the USB and listen to music, like on my Nissan Leaf.

It is windows formatted so I gather it will therefore be FAT32 and therefore should work as a USB device. Does this mean my playlists will work or do I have to reformat everything?

Noticed some old threads about this but wasn't sure what the current situation was as with OTA updates things should be constantly improving ;). I don't particularly want to switch over to Spotify immediately or to have to bluetooth from my iPhone.

thanks,

Rich

got my M3 today - iPod works and all the tracks are there but playlists don't. Would need to do something with the tags on the audio files to get the playlists to read like albums I think - As the playlists were original various CDs (OK I'm a luddite who has used a CD recorder to create various CDs back when you had a CD player in a car, then transferred to iPod playlists). Still, there is potential there, better than I feared.