Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

USB music showing up in search for ANYONE????

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know the last post is a month ago, but I came here looking at the same issue as Sorka. I've got a long list of folders, and navigating into one then hitting 'back' takes you straight to the top again. So annoying when you're trying to drive and choose music!

Reactions: sorka
It's like they broke it in such as way as to make you take as much time being distracted as possible but not so bad that its impossible to find the track you want. It just now takes 10 steps instead of 2.

It used to be that you could do a voice search for something on your USB drive and the search box would pop up for music showing streaming search matches and USB matches. Then you just select the song or album you want from the search results in USB. Done!

It now takes minutes to find what you're looking for which is just asking for trouble while driving. I have no doubt that people have had accidents because they weren't paying attention to the road looking for USB music. Without search, a reasonable fallback would be to scroll through the list alphabetically and select the thing you want but the fact that 1) the letters don't actually line up with the list (i.e select T and you get titles starting with Q) and 2) albums are broken up in to sometimes many albums and you have to go into each one to figure out which folder has your tracks and 3) the fact that NOW any time you scroll left in any list you end up at the top.

It's aggravating beyond belief. The best vehicle user interface in the world has now become one of the worst. Tesla has screwed it up more and more with every release.

I feel spoiled rotten that I got to stay on V8.1 for 3 years. But a broken charge port forced me to update to current software to get the new charge port programmed and paired with the car. I then upgraded to MCU2 because running V10 on MCU1 is a complete non starter.

I will never buy another Tesla.

Artist is blank when i listen to music using USB. I use MP3TAG and already populated both Artist and Album Artist. any hint what i need to also populate? thx