Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

USB music sorting of songs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recently noticed there is an issue with sorting caused by 2019.12.1.1 where songs on my USB music drive are no longer alphabetically sorted properly. Every prior firmware version did not exhibit this behavior.

The folders on the drive are still sorted properly and songs where I've prefixed the track names with 01, 02, 03, etc. to force an order (like symphonies, operas, etc.) those are still sorted just fine. But for playlists with just alphabetic song titles, it's totally random.

Anybody else notice this?

Actually, Folders do not show up on my USB anymore ..also I have noticed the random order of the songs now ...I have never got the USB interface to work to my liking ..Seems that Tesla would have a dedicated software person spend some time on this as most other cars have it under control ..I have had Ford, Acura and Honda's that did work pretty well once I figured out the interface . My pet peeve is that you can't scroll without the system selecting a song .

I am also having the same problem with songs either being sorted alphabetically, which is of no use to me if I want to play an album through, or randomly. I have recently started to listen more to classical music, and having the various movements played out of order is not what you want. I was hoping that the UI would allow the top of the column to be used as a sort key. I am considering using the program MP3tag to see if I can embed a numeric prefix to the track title. I know that prepending a number to the filename does not work. It seems algorithm used the embedded title to sort.

Reactions: neroden