Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

USB Music

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recently noticed that after the latest update, on my Model Y, I can no longer change which USB drive to play my music from. Initially it allows me to select from one of the two USB drives I use to play my music from. Now, however, once I select one of the drives, I cannot get back to the screen that allows me to switch to a different USB drive. Prior to this update I was able to switch drives at will.
Is it possible they removed that feature or just accidentally omitted that feature in the new software release?

I came specifically for this problem, as I cannot find a true solution the issue.

The workaround is to unplug the USB device for 5+ seconds, plug it back in, and use a different source long enough for it to detect all drives/partitions, then choose USB. You get one chance for a right choice. And if you don't wait long enough, it just defaults to one of the partitions, which may not be the right one. In my case, it defaults to my boombox/sentry drive partition, not my music.

1. Tesla, please fix this so USB's can be changed, as before in v10
2. Please stop having the Boombox drive show up in the music. Or do you want to us to no stop partitioning our drives and put everything together?