Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

USB not working after MCU2 upgrade?

Dr_BTF

Dec 10, 2019
Kentucky
Neither of the USB ports in the center console of my 2017 Model S are working after I got the MCU2/SXM upgrade yesterday. The rear-facing console ports and a USB adapter plugged into the cigarette lighter will also charge. Is this a common problem?

bob_p

Apr 5, 2012
Just had the infotainment plus radio upgrade done last week, our USB ports are working.

Intense1

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
May 13, 2021
SoCal
Same here... Just had MCU2 installed on 2016 Model S and now center console USBs are not charging my phone. Ugh... scheduled service appt.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC