Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

USB port in Glove box?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I do not see a USB glovebox port? Who do I view my Sentry Mode videos or enlarge the storage capacity of Sentry Mode if there is no port. There is a spring-loaded good I side the glove box and I thought it would be there...I don't know what that is for either.

oddly, in my December 2016 P100D I have whatever this is in my glove box... has anyone ever seen this?
glove box.jpg

Reactions: spata
In my 2019 M3 the thumb drive is in the center console under the touchscreen. On the newer models it's in the glovebox.
Ok yes the only 2 I have been able to discover are in the center below the arm rest along with the cigarette lighter. I do not have one in the glove box. Reason I was asking was because my Tesla cam shows not operable and I have a USB in one of the center port. I have tried 2 separate ones formated them on computer and then also in the car. Car recognizes the stick but does not have the cam operate for Sentry mode. Not sure how sentry mode is recorded if Cam shows to be not operable. Thoughts?

Ok yes the only 2 I have been able to discover are in the center below the arm rest along with the cigarette lighter. I do not have one in the glove box. Reason I was asking was because my Tesla cam shows not operable and I have a USB in one of the center port. I have tried 2 separate ones formated them on computer and then also in the car. Car recognizes the stick but does not have the cam operate for Sentry mode. Not sure how sentry mode is recorded if Cam shows to be not operable. Thoughts?

"looking at that" what exactly?

You dont have many other posts but your other posts are on model S so I am assuming that you are posting about a model S. Is that the case?

This is the Model 3 subforum, and a thread on model 3s and glovebox USBs. Someone posted about a model S in this thread, but model S USB and glovebox access / Sentry mode functionality is not a subject of this thread.

I would suggest looking for a thread on the topic in the Model S subforum, because this is one of those things (location of glovebox, function of data over USB, sentry mode functionality) that definitely will be different between modesl.

Thanks all. Issue resolved. Tesla Cam was showing error. I had tried multiple USB sticks but none worked. Tesla service tried Tesla 128 and that just worked this morning. I dont have one in the glove box but only the 2 in th ecenter console in a 2018 Model S. I though there must be another one somewhere which I cannot see thus the Dashcam not working. All is good now.