Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

USB port

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had my Model Y delivered last week and I downloaded the User Manual so that I could learn more about how everything works.

In the manual, it shows where the USB ports in the front are located. But the front console in the manual is not the same as in my 2021 Model Y and I cannot find the USB ports anywhere. I don't know if I am just blind and they are in plain site or the new Model Y doesn't have them (other than using the cigarette lighter).

What am I missing?

I had my Model Y delivered last week and I downloaded the User Manual so that I could learn more about how everything works.

In the manual, it shows where the USB ports in the front are located. But the front console in the manual is not the same as in my 2021 Model Y and I cannot find the USB ports anywhere. I don't know if I am just blind and they are in plain site or the new Model Y doesn't have them (other than using the cigarette lighter).

What am I missing?
The center console of the Model Y was refreshed. The USB ports have changed, been moved.

The updated console has a fixed wireless charging pad for charging (2) phones. The wireless charging pad is no longer powered by the front USB-C port.

There are now (2) USB-C ports inside the center console (the compartment that is accessed by opening the sliding cover.) The USB-C ports are there, just very difficult to see. The USB-C ports are against the rear wall of the compartment, about 2 inches from the bottom of the compartment (black flocking and black USB ports makes it almost impossible to see what is inside the compartment.)

The USB-A data port (this port is used for Dashcam/Sentry Mode data storage) is now located inside the glove box, on the left side.

Reactions: patnshan
Upvote 0

What am I missing?

Check to see if the user manual accessible via the infotainment screen in the car is updated. I also noticed that the one I downloaded is out of date but I haven't had a chance to check the "in car" owners manual.

Keith

Upvote 0