Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

USB ports

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just had Tesla service center resetted my front USB ports, it fried 2 regular usb drives from Staples which were formatted for sentry recording. I remembered some members suggested to use higher write speed 3.0 USB drive for the dashcam sentry alarm recording.

I just had Tesla service center resetted my front USB ports, it fried 2 regular usb drives from Staples which were formatted for sentry recording. I remembered some members suggested to use higher write speed 3.0 USB drive for the dashcam sentry alarm recording.
You don’t want to be using the standard thumbs drives from Staples as most are not designed to be written to and overwritten constantly. I’ve used one of the following in my BlackVue dash cams and moved the card to the X and have had no issues.
Samsung PRO Endurance 64GB 100MB/s (U1) MicroSDXC Memory Card with Adapter (MB-MJ64GA/AM) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07B9KTLJZ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_33RuEbNK98EES