Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

USB question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I occasionally download podcasts from iTunes, transfer them to a thumb drive, and listen while I'm driving ... in the past, every time I park the car and come back later, even if it's been a day or more, the podcast resumes right where I left off ... but every time recently, seemingly since the 6.2 update, when I come back to the car the podcast has been "reset" and starts from the beginning, which is rather annoying because it's a little difficult to find the exact point where I had stopped listening ... has anyone else noticed anything like this?

I occasionally download podcasts from iTunes, transfer them to a thumb drive, and listen while I'm driving ... in the past, every time I park the car and come back later, even if it's been a day or more, the podcast resumes right where I left off ... but every time recently, seemingly since the 6.2 update, when I come back to the car the podcast has been "reset" and starts from the beginning, which is rather annoying because it's a little difficult to find the exact point where I had stopped listening ... has anyone else noticed anything like this?

The short answer is yes.

The longer answer is that this is being discussed in a number of places. Off the top of my head, I think one of them may be the 6.2 thread, and I think another is a thread devoted to it that has "audio" in the subject.

Edit: Here's one of the threads: Preventing audio auto-play

thanks ... I've only noticed it a few times, so I wasn't even sure if it was "real" ... glad I'm not crazy ... but somehow doesn't seem like "auto-play" to me, more like "auto-rewind" ... the problem is that it's starting over, not continuing to play

I haven't paid that much attention to all the details in the other discussions, but are you certain the podcasts aren't just playing to the end, and then getting reset, and starting at the beginning when you get back in the car? I'm not sure, but I think that would be consistent with the "auto-play."