Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

USB shuffle option missing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I second the request to add those features for USB playback:

#1: Resume at same place in same song when getting back in the car like they do with streaming and phone music.
#2: Random shuffle option.

• Love
Reactions: Triangles
Mine restarts at the same place sporadically. I haven't figured a pattern out yet. I can walk up to the car from an errand and open a rear door and hear the music where I left off...then when I shut it and walk straight to the drivers door, the music has stopped.

I also miss the repeat button for USB playback.

Mine restarts at the same place sporadically. I haven't figured a pattern out yet. I can walk up to the car from an errand and open a rear door and hear the music where I left off...then when I shut it and walk straight to the drivers door, the music has stopped.

Yeah, it seems to randomly sometimes resume USB playback. But other times it switches to trying to play from my phone instead.

I've only had mine resume once in all the times I've used my USB drive. Every other time it tries to use my phone via bluetooth (which I've never used). I'd also like to add one simple change to TEG's USB wish list. Please move the Alphabetical shortcut bar from the right side of the Media Player to the left side. It would be so much easier to read and reach (and not drive into the ditch). It's especially annoying since I need to use it every time I get back into the car.

Since I've been on 18.3 I've had it pretty consistently resume as long as I open the drivers door first (opening and closing anything other than the drivers door first, including the trunk, guarantees it will not resume playback). Mind, I did delete my phone from bluetooth at some point because it kept trying to default to that as a source so I can't say if it would successfully resume if it was still looking for my phone,

Years ago I had an old DIN mount stereo that always started playing the first track, but it would remember shuffle mode. So I recorded a 1 second blank MP3 file. It would play the one second file and then happily skip to some random song. YMMV....

Not only have I never gotten the USB mp3/flac to resume, I get the same thing with radio channels too. They randomly switch to a different station when I restart the car. Not just a different streaming channel - I may have been listening to FM and when I restart it's doing slacker. I don't get how something so basic is going wrong. And yes, I've done the two button salute.

Not only have I never gotten the USB mp3/flac to resume, I get the same thing with radio channels too. They randomly switch to a different station when I restart the car. Not just a different streaming channel - I may have been listening to FM and when I restart it's doing slacker. I don't get how something so basic is going wrong. And yes, I've done the two button salute.

My USB resume is "hit or miss". More often then not I find it has switched to bluetooth trying to play my phone audio instead of the USB, but sometimes it does resume from the USB.
Maybe it has to do with the timing of the phone bluetooth re-linking to the MCU/media-player.
They should assume that many people will have phone bluetooth on for phone-as-key and/or ready to use for voice phone calls, but it wouldn't be right to assume a linked bluetooth phone is the preferred media player music source too.

Reactions: S3XY
Can you tell me how to format my USB drive? Is it different from the model S? I originally had a Model S and had to use FAT32. But I have not been able to see the same USB drive in the Model 3 after a few software updates in late January. I remember the 3 recognizing my USB drive when I first got it, but now it hasn't read it in months. I'm wondering if I should format it again?

When you get above ~32GB, some OS and format tools don't want to format FAT32 filesystems that large.
What did you use to format your 256GB flash drive as FAT32? Have you used the whole 256GB ?

When you get above ~32GB, some OS and format tools don't want to format FAT32 filesystems that large.
What did you use to format your 256GB flash drive as FAT32? Have you used the whole 256GB ?
I used this one yesterday on a Win7 machine as we were formatting a large FAT32 SD for my sons dashcam that we installed in his new Tesla Model 3.
Ridgecrop Consultants Ltd - www ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/index.htm?guiformat.htm