Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

USB shuffle option missing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I also used Guiformat from Ridgecrop. It appeared to format my 128GB fine. I've only put about 40GB on it. The lack if random is definitely an issue.
Has anyone tried to use a splitter? I'd like to have two phone connections (in the front) and play a USB. Yes I want my cake and eat it too.

Reactions: scottf200
"splitter" would be a "mini-hub".
It may be nice to have 2 such things so that one port can hold flash for music, and another can hold flash for upcoming Dashcam.

I haven't tried to use one myself.

I also used Guiformat from Ridgecrop. It appeared to format my 128GB fine. I've only put about 40GB on it. The lack if random is definitely an issue.
Has anyone tried to use a splitter? I'd like to have two phone connections (in the front) and play a USB. Yes I want my cake and eat it too.

I have one of these

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01KX4TKH6/

Another Model 3 owner said it worked well a while back... will be able to confirm or not in a few days when I get it mine back from the PPF place

I have one of these
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01KX4TKH6/
Another Model 3 owner said it worked well a while back... will be able to confirm or not in a few days when I get it mine back from the PPF place

Oh, interesting... I thought if you needed 2 devices you needed a mini-hub, but I suppose if the phone only needs charge, you can use that kind of partial splitter.

"splitter" would be a "mini-hub".
It may be nice to have 2 such things so that one port can hold flash for music, and another can hold flash for upcoming Dashcam.

I haven't tried to use one myself.

Oh, interesting... I thought if you needed 2 devices you needed a mini-hub, but I suppose if the phone only needs charge, you can use that kind of partial splitter.

A splitter and a hub are different. A splitter is a horrible hack that violates the standards in nearly every conceivable way to give power-only to one connector and power&data to another. A hub actually brokers the data conversation among the multiple connected devices, and may or may not respond beyond base USB levels to power requests, depending on the specific device.

A splitter and a hub are different. A splitter is a horrible hack that violates the standards in nearly every conceivable way to give power-only to one connector and power&data to another. A hub actually brokers the data conversation among the multiple connected devices, and may or may not respond beyond base USB levels to power requests, depending on the specific device.

I got one of those y splitters like in the Amazon link and it didn't work on the Model 3 front USB ports. I waiting for a small two port hub that is supposed to arrive soon.