Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

USB splitter for camera and music and wireless charging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
im interested to buy a wireless charger 7.5w for my iPhone. However I also want to use sentry mode and usb music. Does anyone have a recommendation for a usb splitter that charges the phone and doesn’t degrade the charge? I bought a splitter for a usb and it didn’t work and had to return it. Anyone have good results on one?

Reactions: dmurphy
I'm using a $15 USB hub from Best Buy for my Nomad and dash cam USB and it works just fine. I used the splitters that came with the Nomad and could not get the dash cam to work.

Interesting .... mine seem to work fine with a Sandisk USB key. Firmware 2019.12.1.1 on the Model 3. Note that the part of the splitter with the clear band around the wire has to connect to the USB drive - it’s the “data” side of the splitter.

You don't need a splitter.

For Camera and Music you create two partitions (you have to).
Then plug the wireless charger into the other USB Port. Done.

Only issue is some (one) of the Wireless Charging trays require both plugs be plugged in.
You can use a splitter on one side with the Flash Drive and just use Power from the other USB port.

I've done every combination with several different splitters/hubs and every configuration worked.

I got rid of the stupid wireless tray because I hate the phone being tucked under there and I mount my phone on a ProClip that I modified to have wireless charging. So now the 128GB Partitioned Flash drive is in one port and the wireless charging ProClip goes in the other. No splitter or hub needed.

I also have a Cigarette Lighter adapter in the Cubby with a Right Angle adapter and a short lightning cable for passengers with iPhones to charge with.

I don't allow Android owners in my car ;)

• Funny
Reactions: C141medic