Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

USB stopped working after software update.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After installing 2020.48.12.1, my USB port in the glovebox stopped working. I have a recommended after market product, which my laptop can still read. I tried using the drive my model 3 came with (2021), and it won’t register either. Any thoughts? I’ve tried restarting the screen.

This happened to me tonight right after the update as well. I was playing Beach Buggy on my break and updated half way through. After the update the game kept randomly saying the controller is unplugged. Switching sides didn't seem to make a difference and now the right side won't recognize at all. I imagine it will fix next update.

After installing 2020.48.12.1, my USB port in the glovebox stopped working. I have a recommended after market product, which my laptop can still read. I tried using the drive my model 3 came with (2021), and it won’t register either. Any thoughts? I’ve tried restarting the screen.
I see the date of your post so I'm sure you're good by now but I have found that resetting the car a couple times in a row if need be or three times over a couple of days can help.

The 2021.4.11 update wiped out all my saved settings and then told me I needed a service appointment. A few resets over a couple days fixed everything. I even had my maps erased but they re downloaded too over WiFi. That was the third reset because I noticed that after a couple days I still could not use the car's navigation because maps were still missing.