Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

USB thumb drives no longer recognized

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
USB music has been a disaster historically, but much better recently. I was just beginning to like it...
Thanks for reporting back, I am convinced now it Was the update. You just never know about these things.
At least now I'll stop unplugging it and replugging it every morning to see fit it shows up again!

I know I'm in the S forum but I have a 2017 Model X with MCU1 AP2.5 2020.12.5 and I don't listen to music BUT my thumb drive does work for sentry mode/dash cam. It recognizes my thumb drive with the dashcam and NEW sentry mode icon shown. Is everyone w/ MCU1 on this thread saying the USB not working for dashcam also?
Same configuration as yours, USB stick does not work, Sentry mode on the other USB works fine

My USB drive also "broke" when I did the 2020.12.5 update. It works with other drives though, so I think the USB drive was corrupted during the update. It would probably be wise to remove all USB drives before doing firmware updates in the future. I was able to use Linux to reformat my corrupt USB drive and it now works again. Windows and Mac OSX were both unable to repair the drive.

2015 S 85-D Same issue. USB selection disappeared from the MCU array following 2020.12.5 update. Is there anyone at Tesla that can resolve this issue?

Yes! but we are going to have to wait for them to fiddle with the software, patch it up, and send it back out in the next update. Might be another 2 weeks...

Doesn't hurt for many of us to pester them by phone; might speed it up a little....